Approval on community event submission and field for site hosts note

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Approval on community event submission and field for site hosts note

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Steve Banbury
    Participant

We have still not cracked this and I am amazed you don’t seem to have either.

We have a community calendar running http://www.businessmag.co.uk/all-events/community/add/ , currently each submission is held for moderation, moderated and then published by Admin

1. How, bearing in mind the community subscriber is not a WP subscriber, can we trigger an email using their event email to say we have received it and….

2. How can we trigger an email using their event email to say we have approved it

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Angus!

Thanks for getting in touch with us! I’m happy to help! 🙂

I’m sure you can do that by writing some custom code.

I do want to note that we are fairly limited in how much we can support custom development questions like this.

That said, I’d be happy to at least point you in the right direction as best I can. We also have a list of freelancers who we would happily recommend for this level of help.

1. How, bearing in mind the community subscriber is not a WP subscriber, can we trigger an email using their event email to say we have received it

You should try using the ‘tribe_community_event_created’ action hook to trigger the action. Then you can use the function tribe_get_organizer_email() to get the organizer email and send an email notification, by using the WordPress core function wp_mail().

How can we trigger an email using their event email to say we have approved it

Similar to the above, but you can use one of the available action hooks for post status transitions.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have other questions and I’ll be happy to help.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Approval on community event submission and field for site hosts note’ is closed to new replies.