Allowing users to edit single events in a series

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Allowing users to edit single events in a series

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Participant

Hi

I am using the Community Events plug-in on my site, and am just starting to set it up so that registered users can log in to maintain their own events etc.

All seem ok… except when it comes to Recurring events.
    In the standard calendar, it is easy to edit a single instance of a series.

But when logged in as a guest on the Community calendar
    – I can create a recurring series as usual
    – If granted access to the Dashboard (in Events->settings>community), I can use “the Break from Series” option on the Top Menu (see my image)
    – But.. if events are viewed as a list from the “My Events” page (……./events/community/list) , there is no option to Edit a Single event (see my image again)

I would prefer not to grant users access to the admin Dashboard – so the only way they can see their own events is via the “My Events” page. Is there a way round this? Ie so logged in users can edit single events , breaking them from the series of recurring events?

Thanks!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Paul,

Thanks for reaching out!

Allowing users to break up a recurring event on the front end is not a current functionality of the plugin.

Most probably that feature could be implemented with a bit of customization. Unfortunately we are limited in supporting customizations, but here is a list of developers who could help you out with this:

<span class=”paragraph”>list of freelancers</span>

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Paul
    Participant

Hi Andras

Thanks for confirming it is not a current functionality, at least I know I’m not missing a setting somewhere!

In the end, I got around it another way
    – granting access to the Dashboard for guest users (so they can access the “Break from Series” option on the “Edit Event” menu for example)
    – Using another Plugin (Adminimize) to block their access to every other part of the Dashboard!

Cheers
    Paul

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

That looks like a great workaround for this functionality. Great job!

If you think the “Break from Series” would be a good feature for our Community Events plugin, then feel free to propose that on our UserVoice page, and if it gets enough support we might just develop it.

Is there anything else related to this topic or can I close it as it seems resolved?

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Paul
    Participant

resolved πŸ™‚

Andras
    Keymaster

Great, thanks for the quick reply!

If you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new one in the forum and we will be happy to help you out.

Good luck with your project!

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you like our plugins, and you didn’t yet do so πŸ™‚ we would be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!
    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/the-events-calendar/reviews/

PS2: We’d be also grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. πŸ™‚ If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Doublethanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Allowing users to edit single events in a series’ is closed to new replies.