Allowing members to add their own tickets via front end form

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Allowing members to add their own tickets via front end form

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

We’ve setup a form for members to create their own events via the front end form (see attached screenshot)

But they are not able to tickets to their events. What do we need to do to add that to the submission form?

Thanks!

Thanks so much for reaching out!

With Community Tickets, you should be able to see a ticket field at the bottom of your Community Events submission form.

If you go to Events Settings < Community and scroll down to Community Tickets, you can check Enable Community Tickets to turn on the ticket functionality.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

This reply is private.

Thanks for providing me with that information.

I do see that the Community Tickets are not appearing on your front end submission form.

As a first step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

• A conflict with another plugin
    • A conflict with your WordPress theme
    • A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

• Make a backup of your database
    • Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Hi Jaime,

I’ve tried all 3 steps.

I updated all the Tribe plugins.
    I disabled all other plugins except Tribe.
    I reverted back to the Twenty Seventeen theme (which is updated)

Is there a configuration setting i’m missing? Can you login and check?
    What do we do now?? We’ve spent a good amount of money on multiple plugins from you already and we need to get this working as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Ok, I managed to figure that one out. Now it’s working.

Unfortunately, there’s a new issue.

Whenever I test the purchase of a ticket, when I click Add to Cart button. It redirects to the home page.

Please help!

I found a thread with potential info, but it’s all marked as private so I can’t see any of the replies.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/ticket-buy-now-button-redirects-to-homepage-instead-of-paypal-checkout/

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi,

Jaime is currently out so I’m taking over from her.

I reviewed the thread and happy to hear and see that the submission form with the tickets already works. Awesome.

I also checked the ticket purchase and see that it’s not going to the cart page. Also, when I click on the cart at the top, it doesn’t take me there. I also tried to go to your cart page directly (http://adinicio.site/asquared/cart) but I’m getting a “404 page not found” error.

Please check and make sure that your cart page exists and it is set up to be your cart page.

The easiest way to check if the pages exist is to go to WooCommerce > Status > System Status tab, and scroll down to the ‘WooCommerce pages’ section at the bottom. (screenshot: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/32og29cyh7dolwn/shot_180911_115716.jpg) That will tell you if they exist.

If they don’t exist, then go back to the top of the page and switch to the Tools tab. Scroll down a bit to ‘Create default WooCommerce pages’ and click the button. (Screenshot: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/ulhss36uobo151a/shot_180911_115855.jpg)

Try purchasing a ticket again.

Let me know.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

I also checked that other thread you mentioned. There is no resolution to it yet, and that user is not using WooCommerce, but rather the built-in Tribe Commerce for selling tickets.

A.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Allowing members to add their own tickets via front end form’ is closed to new replies.