All Recurrent Events result in 404 Error

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO All Recurrent Events result in 404 Error

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Participant

Dear Support

The Link which shouldshow all recurrent events results in a 404 error not found page

Thank you for your help,
    Dan

Cliff

Hi, Dan. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

I’d suggest making sure Events Calendar PRO is active. Once it is, please go to wp-admin > Settings > Permalinks and re-save Permalinks. Then they’ll hopefully work again.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Dan
    Participant

Hi Cliff

I think I found out what the bug might be

normally the link would be

http://gemelliwln.cluster007.ovh.net/cancer_dev/event/formation-benevoles-patients/all/

with all at the end in english but we use worpress in frnech and it translates to /tous/

http://gemelliwln.cluster007.ovh.net/cancer_dev/event/formation-benevoles-patients/tous/

this is the reason but we do not know how to fix th bug

Thank you for your help,
    Dan

Cliff

Gotcha. That bug should be fixed this week or next week. Sorry you’re affected by it.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Dan
    Participant

Yes we confirm PRO is active and we switched to the correct Permalinks settings

THere was no change to the issue

As I stated in oher threads, we encounter many small bugs like this which makes the integratmion painful

Could you kindly help,
    Best,
    Dan

Oliver
    Participant

Hi there,

I can confirm the same problem – is a slug language issue of the pro version:

/alle/ (german) is not working = 404
    /all/ works

Hope to have that fixed very soon.

Regards
    Oliver

Dan
    Participant

ok so lets wait for the update

we discovered many other bugs maybe these can be fixed at the same time … could you kindly check our other threads, it seems that version 4.2.2 has major issues

thank you for your advice what to do
    dan

Cliff

Dan and Oliver:

As stated in my previous reply, it is a confirmed bug that is expected to be fixed in the next update.

Dan
    Participant

ok understood the “pending fix” status
    best
    dan

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to report our latest Maintenance Release, version 4.4.3, which includes some fixes that should help ensure the recurring event URLs mentioned here remain working even when translated.

Learn more about the release here: https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-4-3-event-tickets-4-4-3-premium-add-ons/

Cheers!
    George

Oliver
    Participant

Hi George and team,

thank you for the Maintenance Release, which in our case, did not fix the URL problem of recurring events => show all:

/event/event-title/alle/ (german – show all: does not work)
    /event/event-title/all/ (english – show all: does work)

If you need some more information or testing etc. => let me know as we need to have that issue somehow fixed (404 errors are not nice).

Regards
    Oliver

Barbara
    Participant

Hi Oliver, Dan,

I have been experiencing this as well. There is a workaround for this available, check it out: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/after-plugin-update-issues-with-translated-all-redirecting-to-404-page-persist/

Dan
    Participant

In our case George 4.4.3 did not change the issue

http://gemelliwln.cluster007.ovh.net/cancer_dev/event/formation-benevoles-patients/tous/ does not work

http://gemelliwln.cluster007.ovh.net/cancer_dev/event/formation-benevoles-patients/all/ works

thank you for your help on this matter
    best
    dan

Cliff

Sorry you’re still experiencing this.

The “See All” link found in single event pages for recurring events uses a translated form of the ‘all’ slug: ie example.com/event/some-party/alle/ (‘alle’ being German for ‘all’)

The problem with testing this is that the correct translation (of ‘all’ to ‘alle’) does not yet exist in our language files. Therefore to test this you have a choice: if you are comfortable using PoEdit or similar tools you can try to identify and add the missing translation. Alternatively, you can add this snippet to a custom plugin or to your themes functions.php file:

function translate_all_slug_to_alle( $text, $original, $context, $textdomain ) {
    if (
    $textdomain !== 'the-events-calendar'
    || $context !== 'all events slug'
    || $original !== 'all'
    ) {
    return $text;
    }

return 'alle';
    }

add_filter( 'gettext_with_context', 'translate_all_slug_to_alle', 10, 4 );

Let me know if you have any questions and, if things don’t work initially, please try a permalink flush (by visiting Settings > Permalinks – though you don’t need to modify any settings) and see if that helps.

Dan
    Participant

Hi Cliff

If I understand your workaround well it only fixes English to German mode .. BUT

1. what happens for French language because “/tous” also triggers a 404

and

2. what happens in a multilanguage environment where you have franch, german and english running WPML for instance

could you advise before we move on ?

thanks
    Dan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘All Recurrent Events result in 404 Error’ is closed to new replies.