All day event start and end times are off?

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets All day event start and end times are off?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Colm
    Participant

Whenever i create an event and check “all day event” for some reason event start time and event end times are off. Why is this? Screenshots attached.

My settings
    Single Geography Mode – Enabled
    General Settings – End of Day Cutoff – 12am
    TimeZone Setting – Use site-wide timezone

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Colm,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’d be happy to help you 🙂

When you create an “All Day Event”, it’s normal you can’t select a start time and an end time. It’s the expected behavior and I think it has always been like that (for a test, I installed locally a version of our plugin which was 2 year old, and the “All Day Event” already worked like this).

That being said, if you have ideas to improve our plugin, feel free to add your feature request in our User Voice 🙂 (the requests which get the more votes then have higher chances to be implemented in a future version of the plugin)

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Colm
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

Maybe i wasn’t clear enough, we have a problem with the times because they are not correct. An all day event should start 00:01 and end 23:59 or something similar. have a look at my screenshot attached with my initial question, times are off.

Barry

Hi Colm,

Given your end-of-day cutoff setting I would indeed expect a range like 00:00:00 → 23:59:59 … it’s odd that you aren’t seeing that and I seem unable to replicate the same problem locally.

• Are the impacted events being created by you/someone else operating in the admin environment, or are they frontend submissions coming through Community Events?
    • I see that you indicated having tried deactivating all other plugins and switching to a default, unmodified theme (our core troubleshooting procedure, basically) when you opened this topic: I just want to confirm that when you took your site back to this basic state, you were able to create and replicate the issue then, too?

I wanted to check in on that second point specifically as if you followed those steps and looked at existing event data (ie, events which were already ‘damaged’) nothing would actually change.

That to say, in a case like this, you’d need to deactivate everything else, create a new event, and confirm that it is/is not also impacted by the same problem before reactivating things.

I hope that makes sense, but let me know if I can clarify things.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘All day event start and end times are off?’ is closed to new replies.