All day event span into previous day

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO All day event span into previous day

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Hart Associates
    Participant

We have a couple all day events that when displayed, the date includes the previous date (ex: http://www.lourdes.edu/event/martin-luther-king-day-no-classes/ )

I’ve looked into previous solutions ( https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/two-day-all-day-event-shows-for-three-days/ ) and have confirmed that the site timezone is set to UTC-5 (we are in Toledo, OH area).
    The plugin timezone mode is set to use the site wide timezone everywhere, and verified that the end of day cutoff is set to 12:00am.

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Would you mind taking a screenshot of what your Edit Event Page looks like from the back end, so that I can try to recreate the event on my end and replicate the issue?

Also, please update your Event Calendar plugin to the most recent version (4.6.6) and see if the issue is still there.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Hart Associates
    Participant

This reply is private.

Okay, great, thanks for providing me with that screenshot.  It looks like your WordPress timezone is not set.  You can do this by going to Settings < General, set your Timezone there and Save Changes.

After doing so, try create a new all-day event and see if the issue still occurs.  You can also manually change the timezone of an event next to the event in your Edit Event screen.  You may want to experiment with changing that around as well.  Right now, I see that it is set to UTC.

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Hart Associates
    Participant

Is there a way to update all event’s timezones (we want all events to be in UTC-5) as we’ve already created a ton of events.

Unfortunately, for events that have already been created, you may have to manually go in and edit  the time (or the timezone) of the event in order for it to be correct.  But for events created after you set a timezone, the timezone will be honored and all events should automatically have the correct time.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘All day event span into previous day’ is closed to new replies.