Two Day, All Day Event Shows for Three Days

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Two Day, All Day Event Shows for Three Days

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Greg
    Participant

We have an event set-up to be an all day event that spans two days, January 28–29, 2017. When you view the event though, http://crossing.org/event/winter-bible-conference-2/, you’ll see that it shows January 28-30.

I’m running the latest versions of everything. Here is what the settings look like on the page: http://d.pr/i/1kSf3.

I tried to fudge it too, by just setting the date to January 28 to see if it would show the 29 as well, but no dice.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Greg,

Thanks for reaching out and I’m sorry you are having this issue. Based on your system information I see that the timezone of the server where the site is running is set to UTC. That could be a source of the issue.

Nonetheless, could you please share me screenshots of the following settings to be able to look into that in more detail:

• Settings > General > Timezone
    • Events > Settings > General tab  > Timezone Settings

Thanks!

What you can try is set the latter to the other option and see if that helps.

I’ll be waiting for the screenshots and we’ll take it from there.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Greg
    Participant

Thanks for looking into this with me.

I found that my server PHP Timezone was set to UTC-5, however, the MySQL timezone wasn’t set at all…so I set that to UTC-5 too. Here are some screenshots:

I’ve also updated the plugins to be current.

Greg
    Participant

I take it back, even though I updated the settings on the server side to be UTC-5, the server still isn’t reflecting that after my update, so I reached out to my host (Cloudways, using DigitalOcean server). We’ll see how that pans out.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Greg,

Thanks for checking an dgetting back to me on that. I’ll keep testing to see if I can reproduce.

Meanwhile if you get some feedback from your provider, let me know.

Cheers,
    Andras

Greg
    Participant

Ok, so we got the server time updated to the same timezone as the website…but still no change on that event.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Greg, thanks for the info!

I’m still having trouble recreating the issue at hand.

I have couple ideas that we can try. These things happen a lot of times due to timezone settings / issues. Until now however we didn’t manage to nail it down.

But first: Did you try it also with creating a new event after all the times / timezones have been updated?

Did you manage to try my suggestion: change Events > Settings > General tab  > Timezone Settings?

Also try changing the WordPress Timezone (Settings > General) to UTC time format (and not city). And leave the event on New York. I had 1-2 cases where that worked.

If you are open to experimentation, you can try the different timezone combinations for 1) site and events; and 2) UTC and city-based. That basically gives you 4 options, 2 of which you tested until now, if you do the above reco.

Please give these a try and let me know. Thanks for your endurance!

Andras

Greg
    Participant

Thanks for hanging in there with me on this…

I flipped my timezone on the website to UTC-4, then created a new event to test. It didn’t’ work. I set it to January 1-2, but as you can see here, it is January 1-3 (http://crossing.org/event/day-event-test/).

I’ve also gone into Events -> Settings -> Timezone Settings and tried it on both sitewide and local.

In terms of the experimentation part, I tried all of those combos, without resolve.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Greg,

Thanks for doing all the testing! I’m personally out of ideas, so I’ll try to get someone on the team to also take a look at this for a fresh perspective. Please hang in there.

Thanks,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

So, the extra eyes pointed out something.

In Events > Settings > General tab > End of day cutoff is set to 6:00am. Try setting it to midnight and check if the issue persists.

Thanks,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Greg
    Participant

YES!!! It was that End of Day setting. I moved it to 12:00am and tested. Now, I had to create a new event, it didn’t update the existing event, but once I created a new one it worked just fine.

Thank you also for pointing the bug out. I’ll have my developer take a peak at that.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Greg,

I’m super happy to hear that worked and that you are one step closer to a pefect website.

I’m going to close this ticket. If you have any other questions or issues coming up, then please open a new one. We’ll be here to help you out.

Cheers,
    Andras

PS1: If you like our plugins we would welcome a review in the .org repository. Thanks!

PS2: We would also be thankful if you could rate your satisfaction with our support. You just need to click on one of the classy (or classic? 🙂 ) looking emojis at the bottom. If you can leave a not that is even better. Doublethanks!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Two Day, All Day Event Shows for Three Days’ is closed to new replies.