Aggregator won’t connect to facebook

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Aggregator won’t connect to facebook

• This topic has 21 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Kevin.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Brook
    Participant

I hate to belabor this point, but you seem to be misinformed. This *is* absolutely a WordPress-approved configuration. If you read the steps on the referenced Codex article, under the heading Moving a Root install to its own directory, that is exactly the way this site is set up. All core files in a sub-directory, index.php at the root. I don’t have any idea what you mean here:

Absolutely, and I was not trying to say otherwise. All I was saying is that it is an extremely rare configuration, or “not standard”. At least out of the thousands of sites I’ve supported I have not seen it before. Personally I had not even heard of this config until you pointed it out. Hence why I was questioning whether anyone on our team has ever tested with this config.

“I am going to try reproducing this on a new test install with WordPress moved outside of the subdir.”

I meant to say “root dir”.

Thank you for sharing what happens with Pro disabled and when there are upcoming events. We have not yet had a chance to test with this config, but I will by the end of the day. Please let me know if you have any questions in the mean time.

Cheers!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Howdy again,

That does appear to be the issue. I am able to reproduce this issue using a setup like yours.

I have just logged a bug ticket. I suspect this is related to some other issues we have been having with certain URL configurations, and that is set to be patched in 4.4.1. If everything goes according to plan, that will be released in less than 2 weeks. If this is not related to that bug, it might be a little while longer until it’s patched. Either way we will notify you when a fix is ready.

Thank you very much for helping us discover this bug. I have extended your licenses by a few months.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

– Brook

Kevin
    Participant

I just updated to the most recent release, and it appears that the problem has still not been resolved. Any update, or estimated date for release of 4.4.1?

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Kevin,

Sorry for the delay. You probably saw the banner indicating our team was out for the holidays. That is actually why 4.4 is not released yet. We have already been testing it for a couple of months, and it was ready a few days before the holiday. But, that did not give us time to release 4.4.1 before the holidays as well, and just in case 4.4 introduced any severe bugs in exotic circumstance we wanted to be able to patch within a week. So basically 4.4 and 4.4.1 were put on hold until after the holidays.

4.4 will be released Monday, and 4.4.1 will likely be released the following Wednesday, or about two weeks from now.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Cheers!

– Brook

Kevin
    Participant

We just updated to the most recent version, 4.4.0.1. First, I found that I needed to re-enter my Aggregator license key, as it had somehow been erased by the update (this despite the site being listed on your site under License Keys).

Once I had it re-licensed, I created an upcoming test event on facebook, and tested the import. Same result as before.

So I decided to try to steps suggested by Michelle earlier in this thread. I had tried these previously, to no effect, but why not try again?

So I reset my permalinks to the default, then again attempted to connect Aggregator to facebook. As Michelle indicated, I was first taken to an incorrect URL for the /edit.php page, and an error message because the page doesn’t exist. Once I added my WordPress directory (/2013site/) to the path and refreshed the page… voila! Connection successful! This lends credence to the theory that your plugin is not prepared to handle WordPress in a sub-directory. You really need to fix that.

After that, I reset my permalinks to my desired setting, and attempted an Import. The test event I had created was successfully imported BUT… I was also presented with this error message:

Notice: Undefined property: Tribe__Events__Aggregator__Record__Queue::$activity in /home/biffmass/public_html/2013site/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Aggregator/Record/Queue.php on line 134

So, my problem is *sort of* resolved, but there are clearly some bugs you need to squash.

Brook
    Participant

Thanks for sharing your debug log! That is a new bug, and one we are working to fix.

Right now the fix is in QA. If everything goes to plan then the fix will be released alongside 4.1.1, sometime within 1 week. Here we go again! I am sorry you have hit two bugs in a row, hopefully this will be the last one.

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

The bug report associated with this conversation was declined, as the team were unable to reproduce the problem with our most recent releases. If you are continuing to experience difficulties please do create a fresh topic and the team will be happy to help 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Aggregator won’t connect to facebook’ is closed to new replies.