Aggregator not importing from URL

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Aggregator not importing from URL

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Geoff
    Participant

Hi, I have read through your discussions on this matter, as it is looking like a common error that has started happening recently, but most of your replies are marked private with not solution on the public forum.

I am trying to import events from another site with Events Cal and am getting the following error:
    Unable to process this import – a breakage or conflict may have resulted in the import halting.

I have created a staging site with only the 2017 theme and all plugins turned off. I still get the same result. I have turned on share system information as well as logging.

When I create a one time import from URL the events come up in the preview no problem, but even if I try to select a single event, it spins for a couple minutes and then fails.

Please let me know what I need to do to fix this issue.

I have tried different URL’s with the same result. I have also successfully been able to import events from this URL on another site.

Thanks.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Geoff,

I’m sorry that you’re running into this issue, but I’ll be happy to help you out.

You are correct that we have seen some other users reporting the same error, and we are working on determining the cause.

I tested that link out on my end, and the import worked for me as it is on your other site. Are you able to import successfully from other sources (such as Eventbrite or iCalendar)? You mentioned that when you create a one time import, the preview loads but the import fails – are you seeing the same thing with scheduled imports?

Can you please share your full system info with me?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Geoff
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. Share system info is checked on. I believe that is all I have to do correct for this site?

I had tried scheduled imports first and that is when the error first came up. I have also now tested a Google Calendar import, and it is giving the same result. The progress bar gets stuck with the spinning ball and eventually, I assume, times out.

Perhaps I should try deleting the plugin and starting from scratch?

Geoff
    Participant

Hi,

I found this help reply on one of the other threads that has a temp plugin to try to resolve the inability to import events. I have tested the plugin on my staging site and can say that it worked.

I will now try to to the same thing on my live site and hope I get the same result. Here is the info I am referring to:

There is a recently-discovered issue with importing from Eventbrite via Event Aggregator. And another recent one about a new way we are doing processing on your server, which we’ve discovered isn’t working for everyone’s setup. You can install this plugin to see if it might be a fix for this second known issue (not for the Eventbrite issue): https://cl.ly/a335fe7a1a88

Geoff
    Participant

I can safely say that the import plugin worked on my live site. I will keep a watch on it to see if it continues to import on schedule over the next few days.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Geoff,

Glad to hear that plugin worked! We have indeed identified this as an issue since your initial post, and we are working now on getting it resolved. As soon as we have an update, we’ll let you know here.

I apologize for the inconvenience that this caused, and thank you for your patience as we work on getting things back up and running! Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Geoff!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, where we included a new Import Process System setting that allows you to select whether you want your imports to be processed Asynchronously or using the cron-based system. You can find this setting under Events > Settings > Imports tab under the Global Import Settings section.

If you were experiencing problems with your imports, please try using the cron-based system.

Also, if you were using the code snippet to use the cron-based imports system, please remove it and use this setting instead.

Additionally, we added an option to stop and clear all current asynchronous import processes by using the Stop current processes option.

You can find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-9-september-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Aggregator not importing from URL’ is closed to new replies.