After updating to plugin version 3.11 the community event link yields 404 error

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events After updating to plugin version 3.11 the community event link yields 404 error

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Rafael
    Participant

Hello support

After updating the community plugin version 3.10 to 3.11 the community event link doesn’t work anymore. That is, mydomain.com/events/community/add yields a 404 error.

Re-saving permalinks didn’t solve the issue.

I had to revert to the 3.10 plugin version and everything works fine.

Maybe the problem is a bug in the 3.11 version of the community plugin? Do you have any idea how to fix this issue?

Geoff

Hey Rafael! thanks so much for getting in touch and sorry for the trouble here with the Community Events page 404-ing like that.

I do see another recent thread from someone reporting a similar problem with Community Events URLs. I’ve gone ahead and ticketed this in our system so we can look into it further for you. I’ll follow up with you directly here once we have more to share.

In the meantime, it might be worth running through these steps to test for potential conflicts with specific plugins or the theme. Not sure it will produce any results, but it would be a good measure to make sure we’re covering all our bases while we dig into this.

Thanks and sorry again for the trouble!

Geoff

Tyler
    Participant

anything hitting /events on my server is also 404

Evgenii Rybak
    Participant

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem.

After updating the community plugin version 3.10 to 3.11 the community event link doesn’t work anymore. That is, mydomain.com/events/community/add yields a 404 error.

Please solve this problem.

Geoff

Thanks for chiming in here folks and sorry for the issue folks! We do indeed have this ticketed in our system and are currently looking into it. I have marked this topic as Pending Fix in the meantime and will follow up when we have more to share.

@Tyler — what you’re describing sounds different from the issue reported here. Please give these steps a try for resolving the 404 status of /events and open a new thread if you are still having trouble from there so we can help you directly.

Thanks for your patience, everyone!

Geoff

Geoff

@Rafael–our developers are looking at this. Will you please install this plugin, use it to inspect the rewrite rules for your community events page, and share that result with us? We have a hunch that there’s something wonky in there and want to confirm before we dig much deeper.

Thanks for your help while we figure this out!

Geoff

Geoff

Hey folks,

In looking at this issue a little more, I think we’ve landed on fix–at least this appeared to work for us and in some other test cases.

1. Get the new Community URL, which can be found by going to the WordPress Admin bar and clicking Community: Add Event
    2. Make sure this URL replaces any instances of the old URL–for example,. any links that might be included under Appearance > Menus

Here’s a deeper explanation of what’s happening over in this thread.

Please let me know if this helps out for you as well!

Geoff

Rafael
    Participant

Hey Geoff

Thank you for your help. The suggestion above solved the issue.

The community add event link has always been mydomain.com/events/community/add but now with the new plugin version 3.11 the last word in the url gets translated for non-English websites. So in my specific case the new url is now mydomain.com/events/community/hinzufuegen (because my website is in German). All I had to do to solve the issue is to replace the old with the new community add event url.

Please note that on the community settings page the wrong (i.e. not translated) urls are shown:
    http://snag.gy/PtvXC.jpg
    That’s something to fix in the next plugin version.

Thanks again for your help. Kind regards,

Rafael

Geoff

Awesome, thanks a TON for your help here Rafael! Sorry about for the trouble and thanks for confirming that the URL is working on the front end again.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘After updating to plugin version 3.11 the community event link yields 404 error’ is closed to new replies.