after the last events tribe plugin update fetching events from FB fail

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets after the last events tribe plugin update fetching events from FB fail

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 11 months ago by Gaetano Rosciano - USATOTECA di Gaetano Rosciano.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Suddenly (i did not install any new plugin but i only updated the events tribe plugins to the last version) the facebook events fetching fail (only few events are fetched and i have a 1000 events plan) here i put a screenshot of the import history (this is only the third page). How come, can you help me please? i believe i have not conflicts since the last time it worked i not change anything.

thank you Gaetano Vaffangiro

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Gaetano!

I’m sorry to hear you are receiving those errors.

Unfortunately, we are aware of an issue with imports coming from Facebook when importing using the single event ID. Our developers are already working on a fix.

Could you please confirm your failed imports are only for single event URLs?

Thanks,
    Victor

Hi Victor, Thank You. I have this problem about planned programmed events import, not about a single event import, if you see the history of my programmed imports you can see that several imports are failed.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Gaetano!

Thanks for checking that out.

I could not find any error reports from your imports on our Event Aggregator server. However, some of your imports might be empty as a result of the recent changes in the Facebook API.

Facebook recently announced a range of changes to their APIs (the protocols we use to ‘speak’ to their servers and retrieve event information) which are having an affect on Event Aggregator users.

As a result, some Facebook imports that previously worked are not currently possible. Further details can be found in the following article > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/ea-fb-privacy-policy/ We will keep you updated as the situation develops.

Could you please verify that your imports from Facebook pages do work on your end? If they do not, please try refreshing your Facebook connection by going to WP Admin > Events > APIs tab and see if any difference.

Let us know how that goes.

Best,
    Victor

Hi Victor. If i try to fetch events from a facebook user everything goes well. The issue is when i plan the retrieving of events from facebook. In the chronological History you can see that every fetching fails.

In this situation my site is wasted and no customer would like to browse it since no events is updated.

please help me to understand how to solve this situation.

thank you Gaetano Vaffanfiro

Hi Victor. I read what you write about the new Facebook Policies and the last point tells:

We can only import from single event pages (facebook.com/events/123456789) if the connected account has clicked the “Interested” button for that event

Please can you explain to me this point?

this means that each is not anymore possible in “automatic” mode (planned mode) to retrieve an event from a FB page and i have each time to open this page and click the “interested” button to have the possibiity to retrieve that event?

I have a 1000 events plan in Event Aggregator Plugin and maybe this means that i have to visit every day 1000 FB pages and click on the “Interested” button on the single event of every page?

if so i believe the complete meaning of the Event Aggregator Plugin is lost and many of your customer (included me) will have to close their site and business.

please let me know if i misunderstood.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Gaetano,

Thanks for following up with this topic.

Having to mark an event as “Interested” is ONLY needed if you want to import that event using the single event URL (facebook.com/events/123456789).

You should still be able to import all events from URLs such as facebook.com/business-name without the need to mark it as “Interested”. However in a few cases – specifically, where events have multiple organizers – we will no longer be able to import the organizer details

I hope that helps.

Let me know if any follow up questions.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘after the last events tribe plugin update fetching events from FB fail’ is closed to new replies.