Adress shows incorrect in Google Maps – API seams to be loaded twice

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Adress shows incorrect in Google Maps – API seams to be loaded twice

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    thomas furter
    Participant

Hi
    I do have the problem that the embeded google maps doesn’t show the right adress.
    http://www.apukuna.org/event/vollmond-despacho/2018-09-24/

Google maps told me that they found the google maps API is called multiple times. I went through the console then and attach you the images. On the second attachment you find the mistake in the js. I just have no Idea what that would need to be solfed. Could you help me on that?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards
    Thomas

thomas furter
    Participant

Here is the first Part of the console.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

Let me help you troubleshoot that problem.

The Google Maps API being called multiple times may be due to your theme or another plugin also embedding the script. I’d suggest you try adding the code snippet you will find under the Testing for Conflicts section in https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/troubleshooting-google-maps/#conflicts. Below is the code I’m referring to:

https://gist.github.com/courane01/0067b1e1adcaa4a80569fa7021f07a27

Here’s a guide about best practices for implementing custom code snippets > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/implementing-custom-code-snippets/

Please let me know if that solves the issue.

Best,
    Victor

thomas furter
    Participant

Hi Victor

Thanks for your reply. I did as you mentioned. There is even this very new plugin. I activated it but there is no change. What makes me curious about it is that all the other adresses work perfectely.

I hope you can help me further.
    I also checked back with google. The thing is not on theyr side.

Also there is no other plugin on my page that uses Google maps api.

Best Thomas

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for testing the snippet.

It seems like there could be a conflict with your theme, another plugin or even some custom code. To make sure we are not dealing with a conflict, please go through the steps outlined in our Testing for Conflicts guide and see if you can reproduce the same issue under default conditions.

Please let us know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

thomas furter
    Participant

Hi Victor

Before I started to find the conflict I figureed that the map in the specific Location disapeard totaly. I followed then the three staps in the “Testing-for-conflicts”-page on a staging page I set up first.
    I switched to the default theme: no change
    I deactivated the plugins: no change
    The only plugin active was The Event Calendar and The Event Calendar Pro.
    I switched to the default theme and deactevated the plugins: no change. The missing map kept missing and all the other locations showed the correct map.
    I attach you the screenshots.

Is that right that it means it is not a plugin conflict nor is it a theme conflict? What could it be then?

Best
    Thomas

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for making those tests and making sure it’s not a conflict with another plugin or theme.

Having a closer inspection to your site I can see that in addition to the Google Maps API being embedded multiple times, there is an error coming from the Google “Geocoding Service: This API project is not authorized to use this API…” This means something is not correctly configured for your Google Maps API Key.

Could you please navigate to your Google API console and make sure you have both, the Maps Javascript API and the Geocoding API enabled? See the following screenshot as a reference:

In addition to that, try also using the code snippet I previously shared with you to prevent the API being embedded multiple times.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

thomas furter
    Participant

Thanks Victor
    This was it now. It was the missing Activation of the Geotaging API. It wasn’t even Google that could tell me about.
    Thanks a million. It is all working now.
    I included the Plagin you gave me about the code snippet. This was easier for me than programming.

All the best
    Thomas

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas!

Glad to be of help with this 🙂

I’ll close this thread now, but feel free to open a new topic if anything comes up.

Good luck with your project!
    Victor

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Adress shows incorrect in Google Maps – API seams to be loaded twice’ is closed to new replies.