Additions to Events Calendar PRO

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Additions to Events Calendar PRO

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Andrea
    Participant

Hello,
    I am building a site with events for families, and wanted to make the following suggestions, and/or see if these things are already possible to do:

– How to remove the “author” and “date updated” tags
    – In sidebar Calendar widget, is it possible to click on the date and it brings up a list of all the events on that date? It seems awkward to have to highlight just one.
    – When you click on one event, the formatting of the top info seems misaligned
    – When you use “search” it does not show the date of the event. Only the date post/updated. This is a really important one to me.
    – In list view, show event date above every event, even if they are on the same day.
    – Is there a way to duplicate an event?

Thank you for your assistance with these items. I LOVE your plugin!
    Andrea Reed
    Site I am using Events Calendar PRO on is: http://www.greencountrykids.com

Rob

These are very solid suggestions, Andrea — thank you. It sounds like a couple of these are integration issues that could actually be resolved with some customization on your end, if you’re interested I can probably get a dev to point you in the right direction. Let me know.

For more substantive features, remember that we do have this “Feature Request” thread (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/events-calendar-pro-feature-requests/) which we’re using to determine what gets added down the road and when. Anything you want to vote for over there would certainly get some weight as we plot future releases.

Cheers!

Andrea
    Participant

Thanks! I look go and vote. Is there a way you can help with removing the Author, Date Posted and Date Updated sections I would really appreciate it. I am new to PHP and am not sure how to proceed. That one customization would really help me with my site. Again, thanks for all the replies!

Andrea
    Participant

And I meant to say – I will go and have a look and vote…

Rob

Hey Andrea. Sure, we can help you out here. This is a bit outside my area of expertise, but let me see if Jonah can offer up any suggestions when he hits the forum next. He’s out today for the holiday weekend but should be back in business tomorrow (Wednesday).

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Andrea,

I’m not sure what you mean by the Author, Date Posted and Date Updated tags? Where are these appearing and where do you want to remove them from?

Thanks,
    Jonah

Andrea
    Participant

Here is a screenshot which shows the info I am looking at removing:

http://greencountrykids.com/screenshot

“by Andrea Reed – date” and then further down where it says date “Updated”

Thanks!

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Andrea,

The “by Andrea Reed” bit is added by your theme so you’ll need to figure out how to change that in the theme.

To remove the “Updated” bit just make a duplicate copy of /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/views/single.php and place in an ‘events’ folder in your theme. Then find lines 48-49 and remove them.

I hope that helps,
    Jonah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Additions to Events Calendar PRO’ is closed to new replies.