Additional License Purchases

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Additional License Purchases

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Ben Davies
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve noticed we’ve bought 2 x additional licenses by accident that we didn’t need:

*****32472 = Event Aggregator – Expires: Nov 10th, 2017 – This was accidentally bought at the same time as the 2 other licenses that have the same expiry date of Nov 10th, 2017
    *****1d42a8 – Event Aggregator – Apr 17th, 2017 – This was accidentally bought at the same time as the 2 other licenses that have the same expiry date of Apr 17th, 2017

These have not been used, and clearly they have a coinciding expiry with the licenses we did actually use. We are about to purchase 1 x Pro and 1 x Tickets Plus plugins, which have the same value. Just wondering if we can get credits for these?

We recently logged another ticket where we picked up on 2 other licensing issues and you were able to give us a credit for those, so the same action would be appreciated considering we’ve already paid the money 🙂
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/additional-license-purchase/

Thanks in advance.

Dean

Geoff

Hi Dean,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I went ahead and…

• Deactivated license *** and replaced it with Event Calendar PRO license ***2a04 with the same expiration date (11/10/17)
    • Deactivated license ***1d42a8 and replaced it with Event Event Tickets Plus license ***3570 with the same expiration date (4/8/17)

Cheers,
    Geoff

Ben Davies
    Participant

Good Day,

Thank you for your kind assistance and for applying my request. Is it possible to have the expiry date a year from now for the Events Ticket Plus and Events Calendar Pro? If you could fix this up, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dean

Geoff

Hi Dean, thanks for following up!

I’m definitely happy to exchange the licenses for other products, but I’m afraid we’re going to have to keep the license expirations where they are. We can provide you with a discount on your next renewal, if that’s something you are interested in. Just let me know and I’d be happy to arrange something.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Ben Davies
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your reply.

We had this issue once before and in that case you were able to apply a new expiry date starting a year from today. It would appreciated if the same policy could be applied to this one as well.
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/additional-license-purchase/

You can see the expiry of the product bought in error coincide exactly with another license we already are using on a different site, so evidence that it was bought in error. And also evidence that the licenses haven’t been used.

Naturally the 2 new license we seek are for a new customer, which they’ve paid us to supply for them as of today. So having old expiry dates for their licenses doesn’t really work for them. Neither does having the expiry of each product for completely different times.

We’d appreciate if you could re-consider this situation and renew the expiry dates as you have before for us. Thanks you in advance.

Dean

Geoff

Hi Dean,

I went ahead extended both license through November 1, which one year from the oldest purchase date of the two licenses that were purchased.

I am happy to do this for you, but please note that this and the last request were meant to be one-time courtesies. As a practice, exchanging a one-year license for another (regardless of use) more than 8 months after it was purchased and then extending that second license for another year is outside our refund policy, which we feel is  very fair.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Ben Davies
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Yes I completely understand. We are also putting in measures on our end to ensure the duplicate purchases don’t happen again.

Appreciate your consideration.

What you’ve provided is workable. We’ll offer the client a discount on their next renewal to compensate for the shortage in time period.

Question, when we renew these for the client next year, lets say we renew in Jan 2018 will the expiry be set to Nov (a year from its current expiry) or from the day we pay?

Thanks again
    Dean

Ben Davies
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Actually something isn’t right. We have more licenses than we should and the wrong license we want to be using doesn’t have its expiry for 10th Nov. See this screenshot https://goo.gl/5OBjP0

In short:
    ****72a04 – Event Pro – good we’ll use this
    ****93570 – Ticket Plus – we want to use this but it’s expiry should be the same as the above, 10th Nov.
    ****0bba7 – Event Aggregator – we don’t need this.
    ****a24d9 – Event Aggregator – we don’t need this.
    ****f3e4c – Event Aggregator – we don’t need this.

Hope that helps.

Dean

Geoff

Hey Dean,

Awesome, and thanks for understanding!

Question, when we renew these for the client next year, lets say we renew in Jan 2018 will the expiry be set to Nov (a year from its current expiry) or from the day we pay?

It will be from the day you renew. So, if you renew on January 5, 2018, the license will be up for renewal again one year from that date.

We have more licenses than we should and the wrong license we want to be using doesn’t have its expiry for 10th Nov.

I went ahead and pushed the renewal date for ***93570 to 11/10/17 and removed the three Event Aggregator licenses. The reason you had extra Event Aggregator licenses is because we provided those to you for free for having Facebook Events licenses. We gave free licenses for anyone with either Facebook Events or iCal Importer licenses to demo the new service.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Ben Davies
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

I went ahead and pushed the renewal date for ***93570 to 11/10/17 and removed the three Event Aggregator licenses.

Okay thanks. That helps a lot

The reason you had extra Event Aggregator licenses is because we provided those to you for free for having Facebook Events licenses. We gave free licenses for anyone with either Facebook Events or iCal Importer licenses to demo the new service.

Ah, okay, I didn’t understand that. So the 2 x Events Aggregator licenses we have there spare in there now are to replace the 2 x Facebook Events plugins we have for:
    eziodeangelis.com.au – ****d6c70
    thewhitlams.com – ****1f344

Is that right?

Geoff

Hi Dean,

Yes, that is correct. To be honest, it’s a little tough to untangle which Event Aggregator Licenses licenses are related to the Facebook Event purchases and which are the ones that were purchased but, yes, you do have two spare licenses in there that were on the house.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Additional License Purchases’ is closed to new replies.