Additional Event Fields

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Additional Event Fields

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    peopleschurch
    Participant

After updating to the latest version of the event calendar (which had this bug listed in its fixes) I am still getting events in my calendar that do not display additional fields (and some that do). Do I need to recreate these events or reset them in some way to fix the bug?

pickleshy
    Participant

*subscribing to comments

Geoff

Hi there, Ryan! Thanks for getting in touch and following up from your original thread. Sorry this is still an issue you’re running into.

I found the ticket that was completed for this issue. I haven’t been able to reproduce it myself with the latest plugin update (3.8), but that certainly doesn’t mean it’s not an issue for you.

It looks like the heart of the issue was that recurring event instances were being created before the additional fields meta was being saved.

Are you able to recreate the events that are in question? I would suggest trying to create a few test ones in advance to confirm that issue is just isolated to events that existed prior to the update.

Cheers!
    Geoff

peopleschurch
    Participant

I’ve been developing other things and haven’t gotten a chance to test new instances yet, but that does sound right. I am fairly certain updating to 3.8 (which I’ve done) will fix the issue for all new events, but not for events created before 3.8, which will need to be re-entered.

I will double check and post my findings.

Geoff

Awesome, thanks Ryan! Looking forward to seeing what you find out.

peopleschurch
    Participant

New event instances work just fine.

Because pre-3.8 events were created under the bug they are not retroactively fixed with the update (to be expected, updating the plugin does not change wordpress posts).

Do note, they do not need to be recreated. Open the event in the admin panel and click update (you don’t need to change any info on the page). WordPress will churn through the recurring event instances and all the additional fields should now appear when they previously did not. This is most important for people with many recurring events, they do not need to recreate each event and reenter any info, only update each event with the problem.

Geoff

Awesome, thanks for the follow-up, Ryan! I’m sorry this was an issue but I’m glad there was a solution and I appreciate you sharing it here. 🙂

I’m going to go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to hit us up with a new thread if any other questions pop up. We’d be happy to help.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Additional Event Fields’ is closed to new replies.