Additional attendees added – Counts off

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Additional attendees added – Counts off

• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Lisa.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lisa
    Participant

Hello,

Our issue is that additional attendees are added to the attendee list. We’re forced to manually remove attendees from the list to keep the numbers correct. In one case, a customer purchased 6 tickets and the system added 16 attendees to the list. In the example below there is only one additional attendee added.

I’ve added screenshots for one of our events. If you look at order #6850 – 3 adult and 1 child tickets were purchased but the system added 4 adults and 1 child to the attendee list. Additionally, the count at the top shows that 3 child tickets have been sold but in reality there have only been 2. The adult ticket count is correct.

The good news is the money on the orders is correct so we’re not having to issue refunds and the customers aren’t confused…just us. Our events tend to sell out so we need a good count.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Lisa,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums!

I’m sorry about this issue you are having with the tickets. Let’s try to find the cause of this.

Can you also confirm that there were no orders cancelled? There are scenarios where in case of cancelled orders the stock needs to be adjusted manually.

It would be great if you could test – maybe on a staging site – if the same thing is happening when you only have our plugins and WooCommerce active, and all the other plugins deactivated.

What payment gateway are you using on the site? And who is your hosting provider?

I’ll be waiting for your reply and we’ll take it further from there.

Cheers,
    Andras

Lisa
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Lisa
    Participant

We were unsuccessful in arranging for a staging site. We’re also in the middle of our event season so testing the site by shutting off all of the plugins seems unlikely right now. The problem continues to be intermittent so i’m not even sure how we’d know if it was fixed.

Is it possible for you to look at the system configuration that I sent you and based on your experience give us your best guess as to what might be causing our problem?

Thanks so much.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa,

Apologies for the delayed reply. I was out due to a small accident.

Sorry to hear about the staging site. Would have been great to be able to test this as it looks like a unique issue, so far nobody reported anything similar.

The problem could lie in a lot of places, any of the other plugins, the theme, the server, the payment gateway or even our plugin. A test for conflicts would help us narrow that down.

You could still run a test on your live site in a less busy period. Fire up a maintenance mode plugin (like this) and run a conflict test with some fake purchases.

First do a full backup of your site and database just in case, then do some test purchases (with Payment on Delivery gateway for example) to see if you can recreate the issue. Then run the conflict test and check when the issues stop appearing.

There is nothing in your system information that would really stand out. Keeping the plugins and WP up-to-date is always a good idea.

There are different cases where the payment gateway is causing an issue of some sort, but that is close to a wild guess at the moment. One other thing you can check is marking the purchase completed automatically, but I believe how that is handled has been changed in the recent 4.4.3 version.

Although this is not much I still hope it helps. Let me know if there’s anything I can help you with or if you manage to spin up a staging site (a copy on a sub-domain is sufficient) or run a conflict test.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Additional attendees added – Counts off’ is closed to new replies.