adding ticket to event via csv file

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus adding ticket to event via csv file

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

i have added events to event calender via csv file succesfully. Now i am trying to connect a ticket to all of the events i have imported earlier on. It imports the ticket but does not get associated with the events. Event name is the same.

is this possible to do via csv file?

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Ilkka and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the challenges you have faced while importing tickets and trying to connect them to events. I would love to help you with this topic.

If you have not already, I would highly recommend reading the following post: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/csv-files-options-and-examples/

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Finally, would it be possible to get a copy of your Events and Tickets CSV files so that I can run some tests ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Ilkka
    Participant

This reply is private.

Ilkka
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Ilkka,

Thank you for sharing the files.

I believe the issue stems from the fact that you are trying to reuse the same 4 tickets for all the events.

Simply put, each ticket in the ticket csv file will be associated to only 1 event.
    You could trick the system by copy-pasting these tickets in the csv file.

If I understand your example correctly, that would mean 4 tickets per event x 9 events.
    This means there should be 36 tickets in the Tickets.csv file, not 4.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

you understood my example correctly. It is just that iam trying to achieve.

i allready tried that but the system seems to ignore the duplicates. It is just importing the first four and leaving out the duplicates. I thought it would associate the tickets with events having same name, but it is not working with that logik only with the first four. i see that it is assuming that all events should have different names. as iam having all the time events with same name. for this i think it would be handy to have eventticketsplus supporting reoccurring events.

any other recommendations?

Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

Ok i found a solution for this, which is not the best but satisfies me at the moment.

So my solution is to name all the events differently (with a date) so system makes a difference between the events. then i just add the corresponding names to my csv ticket file and when done so it attaches all the four ticket types to all events i have created. I assume this is the way it is planned to work and it works when done in an appropriate way.

thanks.

Geoff B.

Good evening Ilkka,

Thank you for writing back and providing such valuable feedback.

I would like to run this by our Dev to see if they do have other recommendations for this.

With that in mind, I am glad you have found a workaround.

Hang in there as I do that for you.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘adding ticket to event via csv file’ is closed to new replies.