Adding Events to archive with other posts

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Adding Events to archive with other posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    patrick nelson

I’m currently trying your free version and I’m wondering if this feature is a pro feature or if it’s possible in the free version how it would be possible.

I currently am using the wordpress calendar widget to display posts. I got it to display Events as well and it puts the event in the calendar for the date the event was posted. Now my problem is when I click on the calendar I get 404’d because either the permalink for events is wrong or it’s not archiving how I want it to. my permalink structure is like so /%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/ . But I’m not sure how to get the Events to follow in that permalink structure since they mainly go to /events or /event/%postname%/ .

Is there a way to do this? To get the events to properly be displayed with other posts in the archive?

Thanks

Nico

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’ll help you here…

Regarding the customization you mention, I’m not sure how you can get the correct link there, maybe there’s a filter to alter the output of the link? Regarding permalinks our plugin options just limit to changing the event slugs (event/events).

Events Calendar PRO includes a mini calendar widget which is very similar to the WordPress Calendar Widget but works just for events. I guess this might be the solution.

Please let me know if this answers your question,
    Best,
    Nico

patrick nelson

Thanks for the reply,

Sadly I need a way to display a calendar that will link to an archive for both events and posts. So I don’t think the calendar for strictly events would work out. If you can think of anything else I’d greatly appreciate it but for now I guess I’ll try to keep fiddling some code work around for it.

Thanks

Nico

You are welcome Patrick! We cannot help much with these type of customizations (not even to premium license holders), and on the top of my head I cannot think of a possible solution for this. Maybe ‘forking’ the widget code and creating your own customized version can be easier than trying to modify the default widget behaviour?

Hopefully as you say it’s probably a matter of time until you nail this.

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding Events to archive with other posts’ is closed to new replies.