Adding Event Date and Time to Order List in Admin

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Adding Event Date and Time to Order List in Admin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rjjacob
    Participant

I found the extension which displays the Event date and time on ticket sales views and notification emails (tribe-ext-woo-order-templates) but I’m looking to add that data to the admin Orders list in Woocommerce. Right now, all that is shown is the ticket name (in may case something like, “Adult” or “Child” and the SKU – which doesn’t describe anything.)

Can anyone offer a tip or reference on how I can add Event date/time to the Orders list in the backend?

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

This essentially looks like a custom development task and so is outside of our stated scope of support.

With that being said, we’d love to help point you in the right direction.

We do need to prioritize support requests from other customers at this time but I’ll certainly flag this with the team and – although we can’t make any promises – if we have time and space to come back and help, we’ll be happy to do so.  Please let us know if you’d like to go this route so that you can be added to this queue.

In the meantime, if there is any more information you can share (including mock-ups) that will help us to better understand what you are seeking please do feel free to add them to this ticket.

If you urgently need help with this, however, you may instead wish to consider working with a suitably skilled developer or designer who can offer the additional level of support you require.

Thanks and cheers,
    Brendan

rjjacob
    Participant

Thanks, Brendan. I get that this is not covered as support. I appreciate the answer and in case you guys reach a point where you might want to tinker with this, I’ve attached some screenshots to illustrate my request/issue. I don’t need a developer at this point – my client will take the info from the notification email and add it to their in-house ticketing software – but eventually this would be nice to have.

The “ticket-description.png” shows what the tribe-ext-woo-order-templates plugin does for Woo email notifications when a ticket is the product and is created through the Event Tickets Plus plugin. Without this, the person notified of the sale and the person who purchased the ticket would not be able to tell at a glance for which event, event date and time the ticket is for. Quite confusing. I’m glad this plugin exists and puts this data in the emails!

But…in the back-end in Woo Orders, this information is still not provided and doesn’t give a clue as to what the ticket is for. Only the ticket title and SKU is displayed. It takes several clicks through to see what Event ID this ticket is for. (“admin-order-details.png”)

What would REALLY help, especially when there are several tickets created for one event and there are dozens or hundreds of events, would be to add the Event name and date/time to the Order Details in Woo. (“admin-order-line-item-revised.jpg”)

In my case, we have 7 ticket types for each event and a couple hundred events, so the data was all imported by CSV. Had I known how important the SKU would be, I probably would’ve included the event name and date-time in it for reference but this modification would enable helpful data to be included, regardless of SKU or ticket title.

Thanks for the opportunity to post this. You guys are great and your plugins work really well.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for the detailed info.

I am going to move this over to our dev team so they can review and possibly provide a solution.

Someone will follow up on this same ticket.

Thanks,
    Brendan

rjjacob
    Participant

Awesome. Thanks for putting this in front of your dev team. That’s more than I could’ve hoped for.

You can close this one if you wish.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding Event Date and Time to Order List in Admin’ is closed to new replies.