Adding categories to venues

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Adding categories to venues

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Waring
    Participant

Hi,

I am looking to add categories to venues.

The reason for this is we are trying to integrate Geo My Wp plugin to give users of our website the ability to search for venues near a location.

The 2 plugins work fine with each other. But, we need to be able to add filters in the search function. This is ready built into GEO my WP but you can only filter by Taxonomy.

If we can add categories to the venues inside Event Calendar Pro we should be all set.

Thanks in advance

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately adding categories to venues is not something that is available out of the box, but you could add them via a customization or possibly with a third-party plugin. I did a quick search and found this one, but I have not tested it out.

Our themer’s guide is the place to start if you’d like to do the customization, or we also have a list of recommended developers if you’d like to get help with the code.

I’d also recommend posting this request over in our Feature Ideas Forum if it’s something that you would like to see added in the future. This is what we use to gauge user interest in new features and help guide future development efforts.

I’m sorry I don’t have a more straightforward solution for you, but I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding categories to venues’ is closed to new replies.