Adding additional ticket info fieldset to all ticket sales

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Adding additional ticket info fieldset to all ticket sales

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Cath
    Participant

I have created a ‘ticket fieldset’ called ‘booking form’ which gathers info we need for all ticket purchases.

When community event organisers create an event they do not have the option to add the booking form. I would like this ‘booking form to be added by default to all event ticket bookings. How do I do this please?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Cath,

Welcome back to the forums!

To add new fields to the front end form, you can use the Additional Fields feature that comes with Pro. These can be set up by going to Events > Settings > Additional Fields. Unfortunately, there is not an out of the box way to do add a form like you have onto the Community Events form. That would involve a bit of customization.

If you’d like to give it a shot, I would recommend taking a look at our themer’s guide, which has lots of great info on customizing our plugins. We also have a list of recommended developers if you’d like to get some help with the code.

I’m sorry I don’t have a better answer for you, but I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Cath
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,
    I am not sure I made myself clear. I need to collect extra information from customers who book a ticket – not add extra fields for community organisers who submit an event.

We need additional info from all purchasers – a booking form – and need to do this for all events regardless of whether they were submitted by site admin or a community organiser. For events that admin submit they can do this using the ticket fieldset option but this doesn’t show up when community organisers submit an event – so how are community users able to ask a question/ get info about their attendees other than the basic name/ address/ email info?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Cath,

Unfortunately the additional ticket fieldsets that come with Event Tickets Plus are currently not available on the front end community event form (without a customization). Sorry about the bad news! I mentioned before that you can use Additional Fields ( a Pro feature ) with Community Events, but unfortunately similar custom ticket fieldsets are not currently supported.

If this is a feature you’d like to see added in the future, I would recommend posting in our Feature Ideas forum. This is what we use to gauge user interest in new features and guide future development.

I wish I had a better answer for you here, but please let me know if I can help with anything else!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding additional ticket info fieldset to all ticket sales’ is closed to new replies.