Adding "add to cart" functionality outside of event page

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Adding "add to cart" functionality outside of event page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Bacon
    Participant

I found this thread about this, but the instructions in the thread are so incomplete we don’t have any idea how to begin to “use the tribe_get_ticket_form() function to call the ticket form.”

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/woo-tickets-adding-add-to-cart-functionality-outside-of-event-page/

How do you do that? What is the syntax?

Andrew Bacon
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi Northern Pacific Digital!

At time of writing the URL you provided doesn’t resolve/never finishes loading and so I’m afraid I cannot take a look at this time.

I’m also sorry that the approach outlined in the other topic wasn’t quite clear enough for you – but please do understand that when it comes to customization work we are generally limited to outlining a strategy and providing some helpful resources: the implementation is something you need to drive forward under your own steam.

I have to say that I think Geoff did a nice job of concisely parceling up the information in that other topic. Can you confirm which part is causing problems/isn’t clear enough – did you manage to set up a template override for instance and add the suggested function call?

What does your template override code like like at this point (can you share it via a Pastebin or Gist link)?

Thanks 🙂

Andrew Bacon
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

I’m going to propose a different route here. How about adding the following snippet to your theme’s functions.php file or any other suitable location you might prefer:

https://gist.github.com/barryhughes/36a276dca395ee0ea20c

Does that work for you?

Andrew Bacon
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Glad it worked 🙂

As a side note, please avoid using private replies unless you are sharing confidential information/URLs that you prefer not to share publicly — otherwise, topics become very confusing for other users researching them in the future 🙂

Can you tell me where front_end_tickets_form( ” ) is defined so I can get in and create another one that is formatted differently for the Events list?

We’d caution against modifying plugin code, since doing so can cause issues when you next update (amongst other things). If you want to view the source, though, simply open up:

wootickets/classes/class-wootickets.php

You can find the definition starting at line 473 (in our current release).

Barry

Hi!

It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

• Need help with anything else? Go right ahead and post a new topic, one of the team will be only too happy to help
    • Still need help with this issue and need to re-open it? Again, please simply create a new topic and link to this one to provide the team with some context

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding "add to cart" functionality outside of event page’ is closed to new replies.