Woo Tickets – Adding "add to cart" functionality outside of event page

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Woo Tickets – Adding "add to cart" functionality outside of event page

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lee

Hi there,

I need some help with the following which i’m not sure if and how to do.

Our company is a webinar training company. We will be scheduling a number webinars utilizing the The Event Calendar plugin with the additional plugin of Woo Tickets to facilitate the the purchase of attendance into an online webinar.

What ‘m trying to do is:

1) Have a single page that lists all of the available webinars within a single category. I’ve managed this with the Event Calendar Shortcode plugin – [ecs-list-events cat=’communication-skills’]

2) Add the “Add to cart” button from Woo Tickets beside each listing.

I understand that this is probably more difficult than it sounds, so alternatively is this possible?:

1) Manually create an “Add to Cart” button that when clicked, adds the event into the shopping cart utilizing Woo Ticket

Kindly let me know your thoughts on what i’ve outlimes or please feel free to tell me if I can accomplish this in a different way.

Many thanks in advance for your support.
    Lee

Geoff

Hi there, Lee! Thanks for getting in touch.

Good questions. I do want to note that it would take a fair amount of custom development to get something like this going. That said, I’m happy to help point you in the right direction, if I can. 🙂

1) Have a single page that lists all of the available webinars within a single category.

The Events Calendar actually sets that up for you. You can get the URL for any event category at [your-site]/events/category/[category-slug]. So, for example, if you have a category called Webinar, your URL might be something like [your-site]/events/category/webinar.

I’m honestly unfamiliar with the shortcode plugin you mentioned, but using the URL above is a good way around needing the shortcode.

2) Add the “Add to cart” button from Woo Tickets beside each listing.

This is where things get a little tricky. You could edit your list/single-event.php template (check out our Themer’s Guide for more info on customizing templates) and use the tribe_get_ticket_form() function to call the ticket form.

Here’s an example of what that might look like. You may need to play with it a little bit to fit your theme, but hopefully it points you in the right direction.

Cheers!
    Geoff

P.S. I’m going to move this thread to our WooCommerce Tickets support forum since this is more about support than Pre-Sales. 🙂

Geoff

Hi Mark–thanks for following up and confirming the answer! I’m glad this helped.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to let us know if any other questions pop up and we’d be happy to help.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Woo Tickets – Adding "add to cart" functionality outside of event page’ is closed to new replies.