Adding a pay a deposit against a event

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Adding a pay a deposit against a event

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Helen Cope

Hello I would like to be able to have two payment options for each event a standard pay in full and a pay a deposit function.

I can see woo commerce have a plugin for this and I have used this on other sites however my question is will this work with your plugin?

Also am I able to set payments against re occurring events?

Thanks for your help in above..
    Helen

Helen Cope

Further to this is there a way for me to add similar products on a single event page?

I have installed the free version of the events calendar, I will be looking to purchase the PRO Calendar and Ticket plugins and possibly the filter plugin.

In essence I need to create a course site where people can filter courses by location, date and level and the book by paying a deposit or in full in this possible and what series of tools will I need to achieve this.

Caroline

Hi Helen,

Thanks for reaching out! While we haven’t specifically tested the WooCommerce Deposits extension with Event Tickets Plus, I can confirm that most WooCommerce extensions that support virtual products and the “simple” product type should work just fine with our plugins. Your best bet, of course, will be to try this combination on your site to see how it works for you! As always, you’ll be covered by our 30-day refund policy if you should determine that this matchup doesn’t quite meet your needs.

For more information on third-party compatibility with our products, check out the following Knowledgebase articles:

It’s worth noting that full support for adding tickets to recurring events is not available with Events Calendar PRO and Event Tickets Plus at this time. If you need to sell tickets for events that recur on any type of schedule, you’ll need to create your event series first, split off each recurrence into a single event, then add tickets one at a time to each event.

Further to this is there a way for me to add similar products on a single event page?

By default, tickets for a given event are listed below the event details on the single event page for which they were created. There is no built-in functionality to display related tickets or products, though you may be able to add this feature via some custom development. You can read more about customizing our plugin templates on our Themer’s Guide: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

In essence I need to create a course site where people can filter courses by location, date and level and the book by paying a deposit or in full in this possible and what series of tools will I need to achieve this.

It sounds like your basic needs here should be met by Events Calendar PRO, Event Tickets Plus, and Filter Bar! As before, I can’t make any guarantees regarding deposits with WooCommerce–that said, I think it’s worth trying to see if it might work for your setup!

I hope that helps to get you on your way here! Please don’t hesitate to follow up if you should have any other questions or concerns. Cheers, and thanks again!

bruce williams
    Participant

I have just downloaded and tested WooCommerce Deposits v1.3.1 with The Events Calendar v4.5.12.2 and Event Tickets Plus v4.5.3. It doesn’t work.

The table of available tickets shows either the full amount or the deposit amount only depending on how you configure things. The purchaser only sees the deposit details when they go to their cart. Not a good customer experience.

That said, I’m not sure that Event Tickets Plus can easily incorporate WooCommerce Deposits into it’s ticket display table. The displayed pricing would somehow need to reflect the deposit and full payment options which would be tough to do in the available space.

Caroline

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience here–I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had some trouble with this setup! Based on your description, it sounds like the default tickets listing for Event Tickets Plus isn’t an ideal fit for this type of plugin. If you’re still interested in working with this combination of plugins, you might be interested in trying our method for selling tickets via the WooCommerce products page. Using WooCommerce’s own product pages allocates more space for each individual ticket and may restore proper functionality for extensions that aren’t supported by Event Tickets Plus!

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/selling-tickets-from-the-woocommerce-products-page/

Let us know if you should decide to give this approach a try! 🙂 Cheers, and thanks again!

bruce williams
    Participant

That’s interesting information on a non-standard way to use The Events Calendar. I’ll have to play around with that and see what I can accomplish.

It’s this sort of flexibility that I REALLY appreciate about The Events Calendar. Add in compatibility with WooCommerce so you have access to all the WooCommerce compatible plugins and don’t need to implement two check-out experiences, and The Events Calendar is a slam-dunk win for event management.

Thanks!

Caroline

Hi Bruce,

Awesome; definitely do keep us posted on how it goes! And thanks so much for the very kind words, on behalf of all of us here at Modern Tribe–we really do appreciate this kind of feedback. 🙂 If you’re feeling extra generous, we’d love to have you leave an honest review for The Events Calendar over on WordPress.org! We do our best to respond to all reviews we receive, positive or otherwise, and we’d be truly grateful for your comments!

https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/#reviews

Thanks so much, and please don’t hesitate to let us know if there’s anything else that we can do for you!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding a pay a deposit against a event’ is closed to new replies.