Add Venue up front?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Add Venue up front?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Catherine
    Participant

Try as I might I can’t find the answer to a previous q I saw before about how to get venue to display on calendar when hovering over date and event. Hard to tell where event is at

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Catherine,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Just to make sure I’ve understood you right. You want to display the Venue details when hovering (on the tooltip) the event on the Month View, correct?

With that confirmation I can try to help you further.

My best Regards,

Catherine
    Participant

This reply is private.

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Catherine,

I’ve understood you issue and created a snippet that should solve it.

Please can you try to change the tooltip.php file to the one below, and add the following line to your functions.php file?

https://gist.github.com/bordoni/439bd58bbfbb7db3454b

I hope this solves your problem, if not please don’t hesitate to reply here.

My best Regards,

Catherine
    Participant

This reply is private.

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Catherine,

This file you can create inside of your theme, /your-theme/tribe-events/month/tooltip.php

If you want to know more about how to modify our template files, you can take a look at our Themer’s Guide.

Hope I was able to help.

My Best Regards,

Catherine
    Participant

This reply is private.

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Catherine,

As you pointed that out, we do give users the possibility to manipulate the templates because we cannot give them all the possibilities out of the box because then we would have a plugin bloated with too many features that it would be a mess to configure.

So what I will do here is to point that this might be a good thing to have out of the box on out plugin, when the team meets up to decide what is going to happen on version 4.0, I can’t promise you anything but your topic might help us improve the plugin.

One last question, did I help you solve your question/issue? Thats my main concern here, and I’m really sorry that the plugin doesn’t help you out of the box, that’s why the forums are here also.

My Best Regards,

Catherine
    Participant

This reply is private.

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Catherine,

Let’s try to solve your issue with the plugin, then I will ask one of the other team members to hop in and help you with the refund if that’s what you really want.

So as you might know some PHP and development knowledge is important to allow some customization like the one you want here.

What you should do is:

1. Create the following folders within your currently activated theme: “tribe-events” then inside of this you will create a “month” folder
    2. Inside of the month folder you need to create a file called “tooltip.php”
    3. Paste the contents of the second code on from one of my previous answer on this “tooltip.php” file
    4. Then open your “functions.php” file, inside of your current theme folder
    5. Copy and paste the contents of the first code block on your functions.php

Important: if there is anything on your “functions.php” you need to be careful with the “<?php”, don’t duplicate it, just replace the “<?php” on the beginning of the file with the code on the first block.

If this doesn’t solve your issue, please explain to me what part of the process you are not been able to accomplish so that I can help you make it happen.

My Best Regards,

Catherine
    Participant

This reply is private.

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

I’m out too. Have a nice one!

Bye, and my best Regards,

Rob

Hi Catherine! I hope you’re doing well, and that your week has been a solid one so far. I head up the support team here at Modern Tribe and wanted to chime in here after Gustavo brought this thread to my attention yesterday…he mentioned that he could tell you were frustrated based on your last few replies. I wanted to both apologize on behalf of the whole team for making this a less-than-smooth experience for you, and to check in on whether you’ve had a chance to give it another look based on your 2/4 reply. I’m hoping that – based on Gustavo’s step-by-step instructions in his post from earlier that day, we’ve got you what you need to proceed and succeed.

You raise a really good point about the idea that the venue information should be included in the tooltip. While this isn’t something I’ve seen a ton of requests for, I can understand the line of reasoning behind wanting it. I’m admittedly not sure it’d make as much sense as a core, out-of-the-box feature, due mainly to the fact that we’ve gotten a fair degree of feedback that community members want the tooltip to be as uncluttered + streamlined as possible. The more information there is in there, the more overwhelming it becomes and generally less attractive it looks. This is why we’re able to give users a solution if they want to customize their plugin to accomplish that…but don’t feel it’d be a good fit as an out-of-the-box feature, especially knowing that users can find venue information by viewing the individual event. Not to say we’re definitively correct in that assumption – but it’s been our line of reasoning so far.

I see you mentioned that you would have expected this to be a feature in the PRO release – the fact that we falsely set that expectation means we failed you here. Out of curiosity, was there something on the product page or in an overview video that suggested this would come with PRO? If so, would you mind sharing where you saw it? I’d like to get that cleared up so that we’re sparing others your disappointment down the road.

All that to say: I apologize that we failed to deliver on your expectations, and am optimistic that Gustavo’s last suggestion will help you out. If you end up wanting to take us up on the refund offer…let me know. It’d suck to lose you as a customer, but I want to do right by you even if that means directing you to a competing solution that might better meet your needs. If you want to go that route just shoot us an email to [email protected] and we’ll take it from there.

Thanks again for your feedback and helping us improve. If you would like to continue this discussion outside of the forums, I can always be reached directly via email – rob (@) tri.be.

Catherine
    Participant

This reply is private.

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Catherine,
    I will work on a Solution for you, if you can hold on a little longer I will get your solution by tomorrow.

My Best Regards,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • The topic ‘Add Venue up front?’ is closed to new replies.