Add user field to event

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Add user field to event

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    James Rice

Hi there,

I need to be able to associate one or more artists/performers with each event that is created. So while one user would be hosting the event, other users would be performing at said event.

These performers will likely be users, rather than a post type.

So similarly to how your Abstract Post Types article (https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/linked-post-types/) explains how to add an extra field based on a post type… I would like to do that but with users instead.

I understand I could use something like ACF, however these events will largely be added from the front-end using Community Events, so I need a solution that doesn’t rely on the back-end dashboard.

Is that doable?

Thanks very much

Thank you

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi James!

Thanks for reaching out to us!

First, let me apologise for the delay in getting back to you. It seems your post has fallen out of our radar.

We know some users tried to get ACF fields to be usable in the community submission form, but it seems to be a bit tricky.

It should be possible to create such customization, even without using ACF, but would definitely involve custom coding. For customizations like these, we generally suggest you try our plugins and perform the necessary tests to make sure it works as expected.

We have a pretty good refund policy so you can always ask for a full refund within 30-day of purchase > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-policy/.

I hope that helps. Let me know if any follow up questions.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Add user field to event’ is closed to new replies.