Add to cart price for tickets show as 0.00

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Add to cart price for tickets show as 0.00

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Matthews
    Participant

Hello,

We have several tickets for an event. One of the tickets are for logged in members only. If I add to cart the non-member ticket and the member ticket both with a qty of 1 the member ticket shows a price of 0.00? Only the non-member ticket has a price. If I hit the update cart button the member ticket price comes in?

See attached screen shots with the array for each ticket printed out.

UPDATE:
    It’s not the non-member and member ticket difference it’s if I add more than one ticket to the cart at the same time. The second item in the cart has a price of 0.00 the first item is ok. If I hit the update all prices show.

George
    Participant

Hey @Kevin,

Thanks for reaching out!

I do not have this behavior when I try adding multiple tickets to a cart on my local test site, so I’m wondering if there’s a theme or plugin code conflict at play here. To help investigate that, here are a couple important questions that will help shed light on this issue:

1. You say that the ticket price becomes 0.00, but in your screenshot there are two tickets—both with a quantity of 1—and both have a non-zero price. The top one is 144.00, the bottom 84.00. Why is this? Does the price become 0.00 somewhere else along the way?

2. Can you clarify if you have this problem with any set of tickets, or is it only the two tickets you describe here?

3. I would recommend doing ALL of the troubleshooting steps outlined on this page → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/. After EACH STEP in that process, empty your cart, then try adding two tickets to it again—does the problem persist? Or does the behavior change anywhere along the way in that process?

Thank you!
    George

Kevin Matthews
    Participant

Hello George,

The screenshot 40837d762e3badfb I sent you previously shows what happens when I add any two or more combination of tickets at the same time with any qty to my cart. The first item in the cart shows the correct price but any second or third or fourth item etc have a zero price?

If I then hit the update button all prices are shown.

If you look at the array print out on the attached screenshot 40837d762e3badfb the price key on the second item has no value. The other screen shot I sent you previously d8c1b2fd1525d523 shows the cart after I hit the update button.

I have switched off all plugins other than woocommerce and the necessary events plugins. I have also used the default theme see my new attachment which shows the cart when first adding 2 items to it no price on the second item.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Kevin Matthews. Reason: 40837d762e3badfb, d8c1b2fd1525d523 are the 2 screenshot I sent you previously
    George
    Participant

Thanks for your patience here! I unfortunately still cannot recreate the issue. Whenever I try adjusting quantity or anything at all, the issue does not arise. (A screenshot of the cart on my local site, after numerous attempts to recreate your issue, can be seen here.)

One thing that stands out to me is that you mention limiting some tickets to be “members only.”

1. How, specifically, are you doing this? How do you limit it to only allow members to buy the tickets?

2. If you deactivate ALL PLUGINS on your site except for ONLY WooCommerce, The Events Calendar, Event Tickets, and Event Tickets Plus (no other plugins, even other add-ons for The Events Calendar or for WooCommerce), and then create a new event or testing purposes, what do you find with the tickets of this event? Be sure to not limit any of them to be “members-only”, and be sure that the only plugins active are the four listed explicitly above; none others.

Thank you for your patience here, @Kevin. The issue is an odd one so these investigatory steps are necessary, but hopefully we can arrive at identifying a culprit soon. I’m confident we will be able to.

Cheers,
    George

Kevin Matthews
    Participant

Hello George,

I found the culprit it’s WooCommerce Bulk Discount plugin.
    I deactivated all plugins except for the following and it worked as it should:
    WooCommerce
    The Events Calendar
    The Events Calendar Pro
    Event Tickets
    Event Tickets Plus

I then activated WooCommerce Bulk Discount and the problem occurred.

George
    Participant

Thanks for revealing this!

I’m sorry that issues persist, but am glad to hear that you’ve identified the culprit.

To learn more about why that plugin is breaking things and to hopefully get a fix, reach out to the makers of WooCommerce Bulk Discount in the meantime.

I can create a bug ticket on our end as well, but since the problem here is arising from another plugin it is not a bug that we would likely be able to investigate or fix for several weeks at the earliest, as we have other bug fixes we are working on at present. I’m sorry to bear this news but just wanted to be honest so you could set your expectations accurately.

Reach out to the “Bulk Discount” folks, and hopefully a solution can arise from there!

Also, one last thing worth asking: if the “Bulk Discount” features can be enabled on a post-by-post or item-by-item basis, do you have issues if you disable/deactivate Bulk Discount features on events and for tickets?

Thank you,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Add to cart price for tickets show as 0.00’ is closed to new replies.