Add Tags to Submit an Event Form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Add Tags to Submit an Event Form

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    irishrunner16
    Participant

TEC has Tags, but they are not accessible from the front-end. How would I go about adding a module on the Submit an Event Form that displays the Tags as pre-defined checkboxes that users can select? In other words, same as the Event Categories module, except with Tags.
    Thanks in advance for any advice!
    – Sean

Casey
    Participant

Sean,
    This would be quite an in-depth customization that I’m not even sure is possible without hacking the plugin’s core code. If you would feel comfortable doing that, I could give you a broad direction that would get you started, but we can’t unfortunately provide you with any in-depth support on this, since it falls outside the scope of support.

Just let me know if that would be helpful and I’ll be glad to elaborate a bit.

Thanks!

-Casey-

irishrunner16
    Participant

Hi Casey,
    Gotcha. Whenever you have a chance to elaborate on how I could get started on this type of customization it’d be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks again,
    Sean

Casey
    Participant

Sean,
    Happy to help!

If I were attempting something like this, then I would perform a template override (instructions) to display the appropriate checkboxes on my event submission page.

Then, I would use the ‘tribe_events_community_allowed_event_fields’ filter and add my newly created field to that array (here are the existing fields found in tribe-community-events-submission-scrubber.php: http://screencloud.net/v/rtyF).

Then you’d probably need to create a conditional filter on ‘wp_insert_post_data‘ to capture the newly submitted values and associate them with the Event Post Type.

Again, I’ve never attempted this and it’s a pretty big addition, so take these tips with a grain of salt. 🙂

Good luck!

-Casey-

Courtney

We’re happy to announce you can now allow users to add Tags to their events when submitting them to your site.

Don’t worry, they won’t be able to go crazy and add 80 million new tags on your site – in the same way categories work, users can only add existing tags that an admin has created to their event. And if you wish to remove Categories and Tags from the event submission form, you can do so with simple customizations.

Learn more about this and more Community Events updates at https://theeventscalendar.com/community-events-4-5-refresh/.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Add Tags to Submit an Event Form’ is closed to new replies.