Add link to mouse over preview

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Add link to mouse over preview

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Michael Henderson
    Participant

Hey there,
    I’d love to make the title of the event that exists in the mouse over pop up on month view a link to the event page. On a horizontal iPad the regular desktop view shows up, and since there is no mouse, clicking the main link a second time, while the pop up is visible, is not very intuitive.

How can I make this happen?
    Thanks!

Michael Henderson
    Participant

Although I see on your demo page that the pop ups are disabled. Is that something I can do based on screen width? Both solutions would be appreciated.

George
    Participant

Hey @edevita,

Apologies for my lack of understanding here, but are you saying that you would prefer no tooltips in the Month View on devices the size of an iPad or smaller? (so, i.e., tablets and phones…)

OR are you asking to make the tooltip titles clickable?

OR are you saying that on laptops and desktops, keep the tooltips and make their titles clickable; but then also make it so that these tooltips do not show up regardless on tablets and phones.

Just want to be 100% clear about what you’re looking for so I can best help out! ๐Ÿ˜€

Cheers,
    George

Michael Henderson
    Participant

I’d like the titles clickable. Everywhere.

If that’s not possible, then the solution would be to hide the pop ups on tablets.

George
    Participant

Hey @edevita,

Thanks for clarifying things โ€“ย I would recommend trying the code snippet I wrote for the user in this other forum thread here โ†’ https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/make-the-event-popup-clickable-on-month-view/

That should make the tooltip titles clickable, and make them “look” and function more like links and stuff โ€“ย let me know if this helps!

Cheers,
    George

Michael Henderson
    Participant

This almost worked! The new links all point to page “undefined”
    http://www.abcbaltimore.org/calendar/undefined

Thoughts?

George
    Participant

Hey @edevita,

Hm…try changing this line of code:

window.location = $(this).prev( '.entry-title' ).find( 'a' ).attr( 'href' );

To this:

window.location = $(this).parent( '.tribe-events-tooltip' ).prev( '.entry-title' ).find( 'a' ).attr( 'href' );

I hope it helps!

โ€” George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Add link to mouse over preview’ is closed to new replies.