Make the event popup clickable on Month View

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Make the event popup clickable on Month View

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant

I browsed the forums and found a thread that you supposedly answered this question via email, it would have been nice if the question was answered in the thread so it could have helped the rest of us.

A lot of people miss the fact that they can click the event title to go to the page because they try clicking the popup and nothing happens. How can I make clicking the popup take them to the event?

George
    Participant

Hey James,

Thanks for reaching out to us – I’m curious about specific issue you’re referencing, can you share a link to this on the forums?

Regardless of that, there are a few possible ways you could go about implementing this customization. We only have limited support for customizations, but one way of doing this is quite simple and simply requires two changes to things on your site: first, head to your active theme’s style.css file and add CSS like this to the bottom of it:

.tribe-events-tooltip .entry-title {
        cursor: pointer;
    }
    .tribe-events-tooltip .entry-title:hover {
        color: red !important;
    }

You can change the color in that second line of CSS to there to whatever you like – this is the color the “title” text of the tooltips will change to when a user’s mouse is over it, simulating a traditional “link” effect and letting them know they can indeed click it.

Then, you can copy and paste some code like that in the following Gist to your theme’s functions.php file → https://gist.github.com/momnt/5e20409d4f7e0aaa82fc

Though not very elegant, and not necessarily the “cleanest” way of implementing this customization, you can simply drop the code above into your theme’s functions.php file and make the CSS changes I recommended above – with both things combined, when a user hovers their mouse over a tooltip’s Event Title, it’ll change color to whatever color you decide on, and when they click it, it will indeed bring them to the event itself.

If you’re curious about other ways of implementing this customization, check out our official “Themer’s Guide” here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/. You can use those principles to modify the tooltip template itself, if you’d rather do something like that.

Cheers!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Make the event popup clickable on Month View’ is closed to new replies.