Add html only to events page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Add html only to events page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Will
    Participant

Hi, I know that the advanced settings allow me to add HTML prior to events and the events archive page, which I have done, as I originally thought it would only appear on the events archive page, not the individual events as well.

How is it logical to make the same text appear above all individual events AND the events archive? Logically you would have different text above the archive/calendar page than you would above the individual events. This is puzzling to me.

Anyhow, how do I add text ONLY to the top of the /events/ page that will not show up above the individual events?

Thanks.

Will
    Participant

Never mind, I researched this more and am using this extension to limit the HTML text in advanced settings to only the events archive page: https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/display-custom-html-specific-calendar-views/

This works for now, but if I wanted to also have text that would appear on top of individual events posts, it looks like it would be better to also install this extension: https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/calendar-widget-areas/, use this to add the content for the events archive page, then change the settings on the main HTML block in Advanced Settings to only display the content on individual events.

Will
    Participant

Grrrr, update to this. I realized that the extension I activated was creating an issue. With it enabled, the right sidebar moves below the main body. With it disabled, it returns to where it should be. This likely is a bug that needs to be fixed.

Because of this problem, I disabled that extension and instead activated the one that creates widget areas, and used the TEC above calendar widget to add in the text.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Will,

Thanks for reaching out. I will try to help with your question.

There are a couple of ways you can add custom content above the calendar archive pages. The first would be to create a custom template for the view that you wish to modify. This is done by copying the template from the plugin to a folder within your child theme. This file will then be used instead, and you can add your content as needed. You can read more about this in our Themer’s Guide.

The other way you could add content is to add it via one of the action hooks that are present in the different templates where you want the content to appear. For example, all of the templates have the “tribe_events_before_template” just before the title and content. This can be done from your functions.php file and is a good option if you are wanting your modifications to show across more than one view.

Hope that helps! If you want to provide a screenshot showing exactly where you want the content to appear, and on which views (month, week, list, etc) I can provide more specific information about which hook or template to use.

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Add html only to events page’ is closed to new replies.