Add html before event content customization

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Add html before event content customization

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ashleigh
    Participant

Hi,

I hope this is an easy request. Under settings, I’ve included some text in the ‘add html before event content’ area. The text pertains to the search feature, but does not really make sense to have on the individual event page once the user clicks on a search result. So…is there a way to make the html (text) only show on the search page, but not on the individual event page?

Thanks!
    Ashleigh

Cliff

Hi Ashleigh.

I believe you’re referring to what’s at the bottom of wp-admin > Events > Settings > Display tab

Although, it should work as you’re describing.

However, you could add some custom CSS to hide it. Could you please link me to your site where it’s displaying but you don’t want it to and then also provide a link where it’s displaying and you do want to leave it there.

(FYI: This plugin also exists, which might be helpful to you now or in the future.)

Ashleigh
    Participant

Thanks for the response. I’ll clarify my issue. I know the code that’s creating the issue for me on the single event page … it’s found in the default-template.php file:

get_header();
    ?>
    <div id=”tribe-events-pg-template”>
    <?php tribe_events_before_html(); ?>
    <?php tribe_get_view(); ?>
    <?php tribe_events_after_html(); ?>
    </div> <!– #tribe-events-pg-template –>
    <?php
    get_footer();

Basically, I want the tribe_events_before_html to display on the list / calendar views but I don’t want it to show up when the user clicks on the individual (single event view). Perhaps your CSS solution is the way to go? I just can’t figure out the proper code.

Thanks,
    Ashleigh

Cliff

Ashleigh, please click the “This plugin” link in my previous reply. It’ll give you those options as widget areas. Let me know how things go for you.

Ashleigh
    Participant

Thanks, this gets me one step further. I am now having an issue with duplicate “before” html items on the list view, but I’ll play around with it and see if I can resolve. If not, I’ll write back. Thanks!

Cliff

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Add html before event content customization’ is closed to new replies.