Add Events save organiser email

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Add Events save organiser email

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Carl
    Participant

Hey Team Communtiy

i am facing a glitch in add an events form if a user chose a “saved organizer” the form does not go through coz it still requires the organiser email. This is a problem coz if a user needs to create an organiser every time we will have a repetitive list of organiser.

Please guide me how to overcome these problem.

Geoff

Hi there, Carl! Nice to see you again. 🙂

That’s certainly odd. If someone chooses one of the existing Organizers from the Community Events form, then the rest of fields for the Organizer should go away and not be required. Is this not the case for you?

If you are able to temporarily open your Community Events for to anonymous submissions, I would be happy to head to the form and try submitting an event myself.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Carl
    Participant

Hey Geoff thank you very much for your reply 🙂

I have turn on anonymous submissions please check the link below

http://www.agencyclients.com/iqbal-event/events/community/add

The problem is when i try to select existing organiser it keeps asking me to fill in the email address the only way getting around is creating a new organiser.

Really appreciate your help 🙂

Geoff

Howdy Carl,

Thanks for allowing anonymous submissions–that helps me a lot!

Do you happen to have any customizations in place (e.g. snippets in your functions.php file, template overrides, etc.) that would have an impact here? For example, have you made any the form fields required that previously were optional?

Also, just to erase any doubts, will you please test the form while using a default WordPress theme (like Twenty Fourteen) and deactivating all other plugins (except for The Events Calendar, The Events Calendar PRO and Community Events, of course). If it helps, here is a guide to help walk you through that process. 🙂

Let’s start there and see what we find.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Carl
    Participant

Thank you very much Geoff, yes in my functions.php there was this piece of code which was causing the trouble

if ( empty( $_POST[‘organizer’][‘Email’] ) )
    $fields[] = ‘Organizer Email’;

I have commented off now the events submission is working perfectly on choosing current organiser.

Thank you very much for your patients 🙂

Geoff

Awesome, great work Carl! Thanks for following up and confirming the answer. I’m so glad that worked out.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to start a new one if anything else pops up–we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Add Events save organiser email’ is closed to new replies.