Add event page – location, organizer, calender ++ not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Add event page – location, organizer, calender ++ not working

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Stephan
    Participant

same problem as described in other threads here

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/drop-down-menu-for-organization-and-venue-do-not-work/

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’d be happy to help you ?

It’s likely there’s a conflict somewhere. Could you deactivate all your other plugins to see if that makes a difference? And could you revert back to the default theme (Twenty Seventeen) and check again your event submit page? You may read our documentation about testing for conflicts before doing anything.

In case you don’t have a staging site to test things there, you may consider using a plugin like Plugin Detective and/or Health Check, each of which provide a troubleshooting mode that aims to ensure your site will continue to operate as normal for regular visitors.

Please let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Stephan
    Participant

Everything worked until the last update of Community Events was released.

i downgraded to the last version and everything is fine again – there is no conflict, i guess it’s a bug as reported in other threads…

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Stephan,

It’s likely it’s a bug we have recently identified. Could you just confirm that you see, on the submission page, you see a JavaScript error stating that “tribe_js_config is not defined”?

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

This is actually a known bug that we just became aware of. I’ve created a bug ticket for the problem, and am attaching this thread to the ticket. As soon as this bug has been fixed, we will follow up with you here to let you know. In the meantime, a possible workaround is to re-save any venues or organizers you need so they show up under “mine” in the list. This may not be feasible if you have a lot of organizers or venues and need to add a lot of new events, but it may help in some cases until we can get a fix pushed out. You can also try downgrading to the previous version of the Events Calendar.

Thanks so much for reporting this, and please let us know if you have any questions in the meantime.
    Sky

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Stephan!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of The Events Calendar is out, including a fix for this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/announcing-the-events-calendar-4-6-22-1-and-community-events-4-5-13-1/

We appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update your plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Add event page – location, organizer, calender ++ not working’ is closed to new replies.