Add Event not working Chrome

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Add Event not working Chrome

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Avary Kent
    Participant

Hi,

I updated Community Events on Friday and realized today that in Chrome Version 53.0.2785.116 (64-bit) the Add Events page doesn’t work. It gives me the message that the page isn’t working. I have tried Safari, Firefox and Version 53.0.2785.143 (64-bit) and it works well. Could this be a bug with that specific version of Chrome?

Thanks,

Susana

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Kelly and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the Add events page not working on your install.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

I just ran some tests on my end with the same version of Chrome. Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce this issue.

This leads me to believe that the cause of this lies elsewhere. My best 2 guesses are:

1. Some template customization that might require updating. You can usually find these in your WordPress theme’s functions.php and /tribe-events/ folder
    2. Some conflict with either your theme or a plugin

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure (preferably in a staging/dev environment or local install of your WordPress website) and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1. Make a backup of your database
    2. Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

I would also advise to start with a quick and temporary attempt to revert to a default theme such as twenty-fifteen and see if the issue persists.

On a side note, there also seems to be an issue with your month view (http://conveners.org/events)

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Avary Kent
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

I figured out why you couldn’t replicate the problem. The Add Events page only appears blank when logged in. I have realized the problem is a conflict with Gravity Forms. Do you have any insight on this?

Thanks!

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Kelly,

Thank you for writing back and figuring out what the issue is.

I am sorry about the conflict with Gravity forms.

My recommendation would be to:

1. Provide me with temporary front-end “organizer” access credentials (in a private reply). That way I can see what can be done.
    2. Also open a ticket with the good folks at Gravity forms

Hang in there!

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Avary Kent
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Avary Kent
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Add Event not working Chrome’ is closed to new replies.