Add event form page issues

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Add event form page issues

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    wdburgdorf
    Participant

Hi,

We have two issues with our new event form page:

https://fuchsundspecht.ch/veranstaltungen/community/hinzufuegen

1. The font awesome icons are not displayed correctly (they appear correctly on other pages)

2. The links are wrong
    The first icon is a “house” – it should lead to the calendar page, but leads to the site home page instead
    The link “Beiträge” (EN: Posts) should be “Alle Events” (EN: All Events) and lead to an overview of all events. Instead, it leads to a page with two posts “WP Router Placeholder Page”

Any ideas for fixes? Thank you!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m sorry that you’re running into this issue on the submission page…please note that we are limited in the amount of support that we can provide for integrations (those icons/links aren’t coming from our plugin), but I’ll be happy to see if I can help you find the source of the issue here.

As a starting point, I would recommend adjusting the “Default stylesheet used for events templates” and “Events template” settings under Events > Settings > Display. These affect how much events pages inherit their styling from the theme.

If this doesn’t help, can you tell me where these are coming from and send me a link to a page where they are working correctly? Please share your system info with me as well.

Thanks,

Jennifer

wdburgdorf
    Participant

Hello Jennifer,

Thanks for your reply. I thought it was related to the Events Calendar, because this only happens on those pages. I could not figure out what caused it, but found a workaround, loading fontawesome.css from a CDN.
    These icons work fine on all other pages, without this fontawesome.css …

The breadcrumbs are part of the theme. They do not appear on any other page, I don’t know why they appeared here and how they can be disabled on these pages. Normal pages have a setting for that. Now I disabled breadcrumbs completely – gone.

Regards,
    Ralf

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Ralf,

Some of the custom options (like the breadcrumbs) that come with the theme and appear on default theme pages do not always appear on events pages. There might be a way to add them to the tribe_events post type (you would need to read through your theme’s documentation or reach out to the author directly to find out how to do this).

I’m glad that you were able to get the icons working! If there is anything else that you need help with, please let us know.

Thanks,

Jennifer

wdburgdorf
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

it was actually the other way round. The breadcrumbs ONLY appeared on the events pages. And no, I could not fix the icons, I removed them.
    Just now I had another look and there seemed to be a URL issue that blocked access to the fonts files, “www” was missing in the URL of the add event pages. Maybe that was it.

Regards,
    Ralf

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Thanks for clarifying Ralf. Custom post types do sometimes require a bit of tweaking to integrate fully with some themes 🙂

Since this has been marked “Resolved”, I’ll go ahead and close it out. Feel free to open up a new thread anytime if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Add event form page issues’ is closed to new replies.