Add content to ticket email body

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Add content to ticket email body

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Carrie Christensen
    Participant

Hello!

I’m trying to add a short message to the body of the ticket email (ie “This is your confirmation. Please print this e-mail and bring it to the event with you…”). I have a copy of class-ticket-email.php in my theme folder, but I don’t understand the plugin code well enough to know how to do this.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Carlos
    Participant

Facing a similar problem. Help will be appreciated. Carlos

Jami
    Blocked

That’s a great question. Brian gave some guidance on that forum thread on how to edit the email message text with a filter that you can add to your theme’s functions.php file.

You won’t be able to add class-ticket-email.php to your theme folder and edit it like you would other theme template files. The template file that you can place in your theme with WooCommerce Tickets is:

/views/wootickets/tickets.php

That template is for the ticket form at the bottom of the cooresponding event.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help with anything else.

Kind Regards,
    Jami

Carrie Christensen
    Participant

Jami, thanks so much for your reply!

The thread you referenced actually discusses making changes to the order completion e-mail, but what I’m wondering about is the ticket e-mail. I need to actually add a message to it, rather than just change the styling. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Rob

Hi there folks! My apologies for the delayed reply here; Jami has unfortunately left us and we didn’t notice this thread was due a reply until now. I wanted to let you know this has been delegated elsewhere and another team member should be replying shortly. We appreciate your patience so far.

Brook
    Participant

Thanks for bearing with us Jeff. What you want is definitely possible. It’s actually just a simple theme override, and we have a guide for making those here.

The file you want to override is actually in /the-events-calendar/, not the /wootickets/ folder. Here is the full reference: /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/views/tickets/email.php

That file is the entire HTML email that’s send out and it contains the tickets in it. So you can modify any part of that email by overriding this file as per the guide above.

Does that make sense? Are you able to get it working now? Cheers!
    – Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Add content to ticket email body’ is closed to new replies.