Changing default text in "Completed Order" Email?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Changing default text in "Completed Order" Email?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant

Hi,

I really like your product and I’ve had very little issues (so far) so my question is more cosmetic.

In the Completed Order email, wooticket adds the line “You’ll receive your tickets in another email.”, I would like to change this wording to something more inspiring!

I’ve looked through the code in the email.php, customer-completed-order.php, class-ticket-email.php and tickets.php files but for the life of me I can’t find where to change this wording.

Also, I would like to change the wording of Venue and organizer on the actual ticket but can’t find where to do that either. I did change some wording in the email.php to something more inline with what my clients needed but just can’t fine where for the two above.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers

James

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugins I can help out here.

The Completed Order email is controlled by a filter.

Add this to your theme’s function.php and change the New Text Here should enable you to add your inspiring message:

/*
    * WooCommerce Tickets change "You’ll receive your tickets in another email." text
    * @version 3.9
    */
    add_filter('wootickets_email_message', 'woo_tickets_filter_completed_order', 10 );
    function woo_tickets_filter_completed_order($text) {

$text = "New Text Here";

return $text;
    }

As for the Venue and Organizer Name in the email.php look to replace these functions:

With the text you would like it to display instead.

So this:

Would become this:

Place

Let me know how that works out.

Thanks

James
    Participant

Hi Brian,

Thanks for that, it worked like a treat. You guys and gals there seem to have the answers. 🙂

Now I have one more question to finish off my emails.

On the ticket email the heading text is a little too big and moves onto two lines. I looked over the files again and can’t find the css selector to reduce it’s size a smidge. Any help on that?

Thanks

Cheers

James

Brian
    Keymaster

Look for this html around line 298:

<h2 style="color:#0a0a0e; margin:0 0 10px 0 !important; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:700; font-size:28px; letter-spacing:normal; text-align:left;line-height: 100%;">
    <span style="color:#0a0a0e !important"><?php echo $event->post_title; ?></span>
    </h2>

In there you can see the font size and change it.

Let me know if that works.

Thanks

James
    Participant

Hi again Brian,

That worked great as well.

Thanks for all your help on these emails Brian, I’m all good now so you can close this thread if you like.

Cheers,

James 🙂

Brian
    Keymaster

Great glad it helps.

I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing default text in "Completed Order" Email?’ is closed to new replies.