Action Links on event list page don't work

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Action Links on event list page don't work

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Participant

When i’m on my primary calendar page:
    southshoreyogacollective.com/events

The following buttons aren’t doing anything:
    – previous events
    -next events
    – the search listings do not update when you make any changes to the filter bar (date, term, venue, etc)

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’d be happy to help you.

There might be a conflict somewhere, either between a couple of plugins or between your theme and a plugin. I can see in the Console that there are a couple of JS errors, including this one from your theme:

TypeError: $.stellar is not a function     total-custom.js:73:5
    http://southshoreyogacollective.com/wp-content/themes/total/js/total-custom.js:73:5

I would recommend you to follow our instructions to test for conflicts. Ideally, you would do those testing on a local installation or a staging site.

Please let me know if you manage to identify the plugin which is the cause of the conflict.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Jennifer
    Participant

So this might be a little complicated to explain 🙂

But I have a matching site (Southshoretrails.com) that has all the same
    plugins – except the Events Calendar Pro license.

I think the issue is in the components that become available when you have
    that license.
    ​

Jennifer
    Participant

I deactivated a whole bunch of plugins to double check and played around a bit more.

– Removed the Pro license to get back to the standard header
    – action links work on the “month” view
    – action links do not work on the “list” or “day” view

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for having providing me those extra information, which help me understand the situation better.

I could identify the error which blocks the Previous/Next buttons from working:

TypeError: a(...).tribe_spin is not a function
    tribe-events-ajax-list.min.js:1:1373

This is happening because you probably have multiple versions of jQuery running in your website: WordPress is loading its own version of jQuery, while your theme is loading another one.

In order to solve this, try to add this snippet in your functions.php file:

function my_scripts() { // Creates the my_scripts function
        wp_deregister_script('jquery'); // Deregisters the built-in version of jQuery
        wp_register_script('jquery', 'http' . get_template_directory_uri() . '/YOUR-JS-PATH.js', false, null, true); // Registers your javascript file
        wp_enqueue_script('jquery'); // Activates the jQuery script
    }
    add_action('wp_enqueue_scripts', 'my_scripts'); // Tells WordPress to run the my_scripts function

Please do let me know if that helps.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Action Links on event list page don't work’ is closed to new replies.