Access Control Community Event

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Access Control Community Event

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Arsen
    Participant

In the Community Event options it says, “Roles to Block.” So, I have check all the roles I want blocked (all but “Customer” which is created by WooCommerce). When not logged in, I do not have access. However, I logged in using a user that has a role of subscriber, and I can still access it even though they are “blocked” role.

Thank you,
    Arsen

Nico

Hi Arsen,

Welcome to our support forums and thanks for reaching out to us. Sorry to hear about your issue, I’ll help you out on this!

First of all I would like to make sure you are using latest version of our plugins – Can you please share your system information with me? Be sure to mark the reply as private if you do so. Also, I see you marked that this has been tested with default WordPress theme and no other plugins active, Can you confirm this?

Finally, do you think there any specific steps that lead to this? For example: this was working until some plugin was installed, or an update to our products was made, etc.

With all this information I’ll try to reproduce this on my end and see why this is affecting your site.

Best,
    Nico

Arsen
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

Hey Arsen,

Thanks for the follow-up! Going over the process on my end I think this might be a miss-understanding of how Access Control works in Community Events. Let me explain a bit to make sure we are on the same page.

‘Access Control’ options work this way:
    – Block access to WordPress dashboard: enable this option to block users from accessing the WP backend and hide the admin bar in the front-end.
    – Roles to block: select which roles are going to be affected by the above setting.

Does this makes sense with the issue you are having? If not please elaborate a bit more on the issue you are having because I’m not sure we are understanding the same here.

Thanks,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Access Control Community Event’ is closed to new replies.