Accept payments by BACS

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Accept payments by BACS

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jezzerisin
    Participant

I have both Paypal and BACS enabled in my Woocommerce Checkout.
    I sell fairly highly priced tickets, so would encourage my clients to pay direct, and then have the tickets released to them when the funds arrive.
    Clearly via Paypal there’s not the same issue.
    I see that BACS doesn’t show on the Checkout, only Paypal.
    Is there any way round this, or do I just have to pay Paypal their HUGE commission!?
    Thanks,
    Jeremt

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Jeremt,

Thanks for reaching out! I definitely understand where you’re coming from in wanting to use BACS over Paypal.

Payment processing is handled entirely within WooCommerce, so I would recommend taking a look at this article, which has some info on getting the BACS payment option set up. If you have everything configured correctly and are still not seeing this option on the checkout page, the next step would be to test for conflicts with your theme and other plugins. We have instructions on how to do this here, but in this case you would want to disable all other plugins besides WooCommerce. I see that you have several other WooCommerce add-ons enabled on your site, so it could be that one of those is overriding/conflicting with this functionality.

If you would prefer not to do this on your live site, WP Staging will let you create a quick copy of your live site that you can use for testing.

Regarding issuing tickets once the funds have been transferred, you can control when tickets are generated based on the WooCoomerce order status under Events > Settings > Tickets > WooCommerce Support. If you are accepting BACS payments, then the order status will be set to “On Hold” by default, and then you will need to change it manually once the payment has cleared.

The following articles should also be helpful in getting up and running with Event Tickets Plus:

New User Primer: Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus

Settings Overview: Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus

Managing Your Orders and Attendees

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Accept payments by BACS’ is closed to new replies.