Ability to Customize Community Events 'Add' Form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Ability to Customize Community Events 'Add' Form

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cityofpoco
    Participant

I’d like to customize the Community Events ‘Add’ form. In particular, I’d like to disable some fields and put some disclaimer text before or after the form itself. How do I edit the fields available? How can I add content before or after the form? Is there s shortcode I can use to embed the form into a page?

Thanks.

Hunter

Hey Ed 🙂

We have a handy tutorial which helps set which fields you’d like required on the Community Events submit event form.

For the rest of what you’ve described, a simple template override as explained in our Themer’s Guide is the way to go. The submit event file can be found here: /the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/edit-event.php.

I like to share this Customizing WordPress #1 – How To Create A Child Theme by LevelUpTuts YouTube video as it’s essentially the same process as what the Themer’s Guide entails.

Best of luck and let me know if you had any other questions. Cheers!

cityofpoco
    Participant

Thanks Hunter! This was exactly what I was looking for. I’ve tested a few things and it looks like it will do what I need.

Hunter

Thank you for letting me know the issue has been resolved and please feel free to create a new thread if you have any more questions or comments. Take care!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Ability to Customize Community Events 'Add' Form’ is closed to new replies.