Ability to add Speakers and Schedule to event

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Ability to add Speakers and Schedule to event

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lewis Barnes

Hi,

I’m doing a comparison of Event calendars to put into the new website we’ve developing and have found yours as a recommendation by Avada.

I need to be able to show my event and post the schedule for the day as well as all the individuals who will be speaking with links to their external profile pages. I have found this in a competitor software as an add-on (http://www.myeventon.com/addons/speakers-schedule/) so am hoping you either offer it as free functionality or also have an add-on I could purchase instead.

I’m happy to build the profile pages separately and hardlink them in, but the more you support the better 🙂

Thanks for your help,
    Lewis

Caroline

Hi Lewis,

Thanks so much for stopping by and having a look at our plugin offerings! 🙂 While we don’t currently offer the schedule and/or speaker functionality that you describe as a built-in feature or add-on, there are a few ways that you might be able to achieve what you’re looking for! For example, our built-in “Organizers” meta, which is used to store data on event organizers, could be renamed to “Speakers” and repurposed to that end. We offer a free extension in our Extensions Library that can be used to easily change these (and many other) labels across our plugins:

https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/change-labels-events-venues-organizers/

For detailed schedules that are assigned to specific events, I’d suggest dropping this information into the event description field–this would definitely be the easiest way to display these details to your users, and our description field supports HTML in the same manner as a standard WordPress post or page. If you’d prefer a more custom implementation, you might consider reaching out to an experienced developer for further assistance. We do maintain a list of third-party developers here who work with our products and who would be more than glad to discuss your project needs in greater depth! 🙂

I hope that helps to get you started here! Thanks again for your consideration, and let us know if there’s anything else that we can do for you!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Ability to add Speakers and Schedule to event’ is closed to new replies.