A solution to a complex requirement

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions A solution to a complex requirement

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jay

Hi there. I am working on a site that has quite a few features and i’m trying to link them together using as few plugins as possible. I’m hoping your Community Events plugin will do the job. The current site allows users to register and submit events. On the registration page, the users get a dropdown where they can choose which society they are part of. On your registration page, can I add extra fields? Is there a way to migrate existing users accounts using a CSV file? Secondly, some members will have subscriptions to a monthly magazine. Will I need to get a membership plugin and will it work with yours? If someone signs up and logs in with another membership plugin, can they submit events from Community Events?

I hope this makes sense!
    Thanks,
    Jay

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Jay,

Thanks for checking out our plugins!

With Community Events, you do have the option to require users to be logged in to submit events, but the plugin uses the standard WordPress user accounts on your site (it does not have its own user management functionality). So, the entire registration process would need to be handled outside of Community Events, but you do have some control over the permission levels that can access the form (see screenshot).

Events Calendar Pro does come with the ability to add extra fields to events, which also show up on the Community submission form.

If you’d like to test it out with a membership plugin, we do offer full refunds within 30 days of purchase, so feel free to do so! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘A solution to a complex requirement’ is closed to new replies.