A few questions before purchasing

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions A few questions before purchasing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kristen Byers

Hi there,

I am working on a fresh WP install for a client. We will be running the Social Activity theme and it came preloaded with the Events Calendar plugin. I am thinking we need to upgrade to Events Calendar Pro in order to accommodate recurring events, etc…but have a few questions before doing so.

We will be selling physical items through an online store as well as seats in classes and tickets to events. I imagine the latter two items can be accommodated by Events Calendar Pro. I am thinking we will need a combination of Events Calendar Pro and the WP E-Commerce Tickets add on. Can you confirm that this combination best suits our needs? Also, I am unclear if the pricing is per year or a one-time charge?

Finally, a few more specific tech questions:

1. Can we manually update the number of tickets available through Events Calendar? Sometimes tickets are sold offline and we will need to update inventory manually.
    2. What are the options as far as recurring events? For example, we offer multi-day classes that will repeat monthly (but with different sets of students each month). Will it be possible to clone or repeat these events but have each have their separate registration/sign up?
    3. During the testing period of the new WP site, will it be possible to run test transactions without actually charging a credit card/Paypal account?

Thank you in advance!

Jami
    Blocked

Hi Kristen!

Thanks for coming by and for considering the Pro version! I’m happy to help out:

We will be selling physical items through an online store as well as seats in classes and tickets to events. I imagine the latter two items can be accommodated by Events Calendar Pro. I am thinking we will need a combination of Events Calendar Pro and the WP E-Commerce Tickets add on. Can you confirm that this combination best suits our needs? Also, I am unclear if the pricing is per year or a one-time charge?

You’ll be able to sell both physical and digital (tickets) prodcuts with either the WooCommerce, WP e-Commerce, or Shopp. I think you may even be able to accomplish this with Easy Digital Downloads but it might require an additional extension on their part. Ultimately it’s going to come down with whichever system you prefer.

Can we manually update the number of tickets available through Events Calendar? Sometimes tickets are sold offline and we will need to update inventory manually.

Absolutely. You can always go back into your ticketed event and adjust the ticket stock number.

What are the options as far as recurring events? For example, we offer multi-day classes that will repeat monthly (but with different sets of students each month). Will it be possible to clone or repeat these events but have each have their separate registration/sign up?

You have quite a bit of flexibility with recurring events. You’ll be able to setup monthly recurrences with a different set of tickets for each month (for a different set of students). If you’d like to get more specific about the event reoccurrence, I’ll be happy to double check the capabilities.

During the testing period of the new WP site, will it be possible to run test transactions without actually charging a credit card/Paypal account?

This might be a little different depending on the ecommerce system you choose but, for example, WooCommerce you can test purchase by check or bank transfer (without actually submitting bank details), or, you can create a Paypal Sandbox and run test transactions via Paypal that way.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards,
    Jami

Kristen Byers

Thanks, Jami! Your response is quite helpful.

Lastly, can you clarify if the $89 personal license pricing for each add-on is per year or a one-time charge?

Jami
    Blocked

Hey again Kristen!

The license will provide updates and support for 1 year after which you can re-purchase. The plugin will continue to function even if you don’t purchase another license after a year but you won’t have access to updates (we usually release updates for The Events Calendar Pro every 6-8 weeks).

Thanks again for coming by!

Kind Regards,
    Jami

Ajay Gilbert

Hi

apologies if you’ve been asked this a million times already but it saves me trawling through pages of support pages…

I’m on a development site which will obviously change to a proper live site when we’re ready. Can I buy it, set it up and test and then get it to transfer over to the new/final url? I’m sure I can, but could you me reassure me how to do this?

thanks
    AJ

Ajay Gilbert

Sorry guys, it wasn’t that hard to find the answer to this, so please ignore me!

Rob

Hi there folks! My apologies for the delayed reply here; Jami has unfortunately left us and we didn’t notice this thread was due a reply until now. I wanted to let you know this has been delegated elsewhere and another team member should be replying shortly. We appreciate your patience so far.

Brook
    Participant

Since the topic answer has now been marked and all questions appear answered I am actually going to archive this topic. Please know that if you do need further assistance though we would be happy  to help. Just open a new topic. Cheers!
    – Brook

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘A few questions before purchasing’ is closed to new replies.