502 Error on events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 502 Error on events

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Jami.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Q
    Participant

We received a report from Google Webmasters about an increase in server errors – namely 502 errors – this was on a mix of current and past events – but the majority were event archives with strange dates such as:

events/2179-07/
    events/2192-06/

Checking the server PHP error log – we can see the site continually timing out at this point:

…wp-content/plugins/the-event-calendar/lib/template-classes/month.php:280

// fill month with required days for previous month
    if ( $prev_month_offset > 0 ) {
       $days = array_fill( 0, $prev_month_offset, array( 'date' => 'previous' ) );
    }

Oddly, removing the [gallery] shortcode from certain events allows them to load correctly – as does loading all the post_content without filters.

But – we cannot control the month archives via template changes and I wonder why the plugin is trying to serve dates so far in the future – surely it should be limited to a more realistic range or perhaps 12 months?

Any help appreciated.

Ray

Jami
    Blocked

Hello Ray,

Welcome back to the forums! I’m really sorry to hear about that odd 502 error you’re receiving. I’d love to dig into this a little more. Can you let me know the exact PHP error you’re receiving in your server log?

And I want to double check that you were able to go through these troubleshooting steps like switching to a default theme, disable all plugins except Tribe Events plugins, clear your browser cache, and retest.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
    Jami

Q
    Participant

Hi Jami,

Thanks for your reply.

We’re taking a deep look at all the code – plugins and themes – in use on this site – including TEC plugin itself, to try and locate and resolve this issue – I think it’s a bit too complex for a forum topic and as we have the skills in-house to resolve this, we’ll take it on – I was kind of hoping that this was already a known bug, with a know fix!

Cheers

Ray

Jami
    Blocked

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the follow up. I haven’t come across any other reported issues for these errors unfortunately. If your in-house developers are able to pinpoint the issue as originating from TEC, it would be awesome if you could swing back by here and let us know so that we can look into it further.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can do in the mean time.

Kind Regards,
    Jami

Q
    Participant

Hi Jami,

We’ll be happy to share anything that we discover.

As a side question – do you know of a filter to disable all feeds produced by TEC?

Thanks!

Ray

Jami
    Blocked

Thanks Ray!

As for the events RSS feed, check out this tutorial that goes into a little more detail about it:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/customize-rss-feed/

Hopefully that will get you started in the right direction.

Kind Regards,
    Jami

Jami
    Blocked

Hi Ray,

I haven’t heard back from you in a while here so I’m going to close the thread. Please feel free to open a new one if we can help with anything else though!

Kind Regards,
    Jami

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘502 Error on events’ is closed to new replies.