404 Not Found on Facebook Events Import Page

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator 404 Not Found on Facebook Events Import Page

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Participant

Just recently we’re encountering a 404 error on this page

http://domain.org/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events&page=events-importer&tab=facebook

It’s the only one in the settings page or on the site that ends up with a 404. Clicking CSV import brings up that page just fine.

Permalinks have been flushed. Error logs checked. Caches cleared. Couldn’t find anything that indicates what the issue is.

Interestingly, when I went to the help field to get you sysinfo, I get the following error:

“Cannot load tribe-common.”

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Steve.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Hunter.
    Steve
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Hello and thank you for following up with your System Information.

The first step we’ll need to take in troubleshooting the issue is to have you review our Testing for conflicts guide to rule out a theme and/or plugin conflict.

Report back with your findings and we’ll go from there. Thanks again and have a good rest of the weekend!

Steve
    Participant

Seems like the issue has resolved itself now. Must have been some sort of timeout? We have quite a few accounts we import from.

Hunter

Hey Steve,

Thank you for the response and I’m glad to hear it’s been resolved for the time being. We are currently working on improving how our FB import plugin handles large amounts of imports, so I’ll link the logged report to this thread for the developers to reference while working towards a solution.

Thank you again and have a good rest of your Monday 🙂

Steve
    Participant

We are running in to this again. Is there a way we can extend a certain timeout here? If so, which one should we be looking at? Is this something on the Facebook side?

Hunter

Welcome back,

If you’re on shared hosting and have a lot (hard to give a precise number) of Facebook IDs/events you’re attempting to import, you may run into slow load times and page load issues on the Facebook import tab.

If you have the ability to increase your server’s ‘max_execution_time’, that might help enable the server to fetch all the events you’re attempting to import. Rest assured we are hard at work on improving how the plugin handles large amounts of Facebook IDs and events.

Best of luck and thank you for the patience and understanding shown on your end. Have a good weekend!

Steve
    Participant

In this case it’s a VPS with 4gb of dedicated memory. Resources don’t seem to be the issue. We cannot access the pages mentioned above when this happens. We have about 15 facebook ID’s we pull in events from. Any other insight in avoiding this 404 result would be appreciated, we rely on this functionality day to day and this really halts our workflow. Thanks.

Hunter

Hello,

I do wish I had a better answer for you at this time, but I don’t have a workaround until we can improve how our plugin handles large amounts of Facebook IDs/events.

Keep an eye on your wp-admin and theeventscalendar.com/blog for maintenance and feature release info. As previously stated, we’ve got a logged ticket focused on improving the Facebook importer plugin. I can’t give a concrete date on when it will be released, but it is being addressed.

Thank you again and my sincerest apologies I can’t be of more help. Take care and have a good rest of your Tuesday.

Steve
    Participant

Thanks Hunter, I appreciate the honest response and outlook. Looking forward to new performance improvements in the next release. Cheers.

Hunter

Thank you so much for understanding, I truly appreciate you being so kind about it. Thanks again and have a good upcoming weekend!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Geoff

Hey Steve,

Great news! After a lot of work and effort, we were able to make release what we believe is a great solution for the issue of events not importing from Facebook due to timeout limitations.

Since this thread was opened, not only has Facebook updated it API, but we have developed a new product called Event Aggregator that is fully compatible with it and overcomes the importing issues that Facebook Events encountered. In particular, Event Aggregator is not a plugin, but a service that is already available in The Events Calendar 4.3 and, when purchasing a license to activate it, it uses the power of our servers here at Modern Tribe to handle much larger imports than Facebook Events ever could running on a typical shared server.

Event Aggregator is now available and you should even have a complimentary license for it if you already have an active Facebook Events license to help you make the switch.

In addition, we’ve put together a handy guide that outlines best practices for importing events using Event Aggregator to help get the most out of your imports:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/plugin/event-aggregator/

Thanks so much for your patience while we worked on this. We know it has been a long-running item everyone’s wishlist and we couldn’t be more excited to finally get it into your hands.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Not Found on Facebook Events Import Page’ is closed to new replies.