404 Errors on Events List view and Calendar view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 404 Errors on Events List view and Calendar view

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Barry

That’s definitely of interest – and thanks also for running the test I suggested (refreshing the permalinks – which are flushed every time an admin opens that settings page) as that may give us a better handle on the underlying problem.

B.
    Participant

Barry,

We have about 25 sites using ECP 1.3.3 with WPML 2.4.0 without the 404 issues we’re experiencing with ECP 2.0 and WPML 2.6.0. We’re aware that ECP underwent a major change with the release of 2.0 and are wondering if the way 2.0 handles the ‘Event List’ button, ‘Calendar’ button, and the Category link, is the culprit??

It’s likely more complex than that, but just thought we’d offer up the idea.

Thanks,
    B.

Barry

That’s appreciated. I’ve linked to this thread from within the bug report so hopefully the devs can utilize the information you have provided.

Thanks!

B.
    Participant

Barry,

We did some more testing to try to narrow the problem down. On a separate test site, we reverted back to ECP 1.3.3 in conjunction with WPML 2.6.0. Everything works as expected; no 404 errors to be found. The 404 issues seem to be linked to something happening under the skin in ECP 2.0.

We’re wondering if you’d be able to give us some direction as to the different components that changed in the 2.0 update to ECP, specifically in regards to the previously mentioned buttons and permalink handling? We’re looking to have our developer take a look at it and want to give him as good of a starting point as possible.

Thanks,
    B.

Barry

I’ll ask the team tomorrow if they can summarize any major points that changed; to answer that myself I’d have to compare each version using diff tools etc and that would be just a touch too time consuming – but it could be others who have been on the team longer can offer a concise summary more easily than I can.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Errors on Events List view and Calendar view’ is closed to new replies.