404 error on single event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 404 error on single event

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Steffen
    Participant

Hi guys!

Need help regarding a 404 error. Tried these steps (Knowledge base), but without luck.

Only getting 404 error one single events, works fine on recurring. Changed the permalink back to default, and then worked fine, but I really need to have “postname”, and is also so much more SEO friendly.

Ran this snippet in to the functions.php as suggested for debugging. Here’s the result: here.

So, here I am.. Please help πŸ™‚

• This topic was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Steffen.
    Nico

Hi Steffen,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for reaching out to us! Sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I’ll try to help you out on this πŸ™‚

Also thanks for trying our Fixing 404 errors guide before posting, sorry that didn’t help at all – I must admit this issue seems rather strange.

Can you confirm this is still happening with default theme and other plugins deactivated? Have you updated the plugin from a previous version? Can you point me to another non-recurring event where this is also happening?

Please let me know about those,
    Thanks,
    Nico

Steffen
    Participant

Thanks for your quick respons Nico!

Yes, I’ve tried with default theme (both Twenty Fourteen and Twenty Thirteen). What happens then is that it points to the home page, rather than the event. But on the recurring event it points to the event.

Tried this both with and without all plugins activated.

Here’s the calendar.

Non Recurring event/single event here.
    Recurring event here.

Nico

Hi there Steffen,

Thanks for the follow-up!

What happens then is that it points to the home page, rather than the event.

You mean it redirects you to the homepage?

Sorry to insist on this, but… Have you updated the plugin from a previous version? Can you create another non-recurring event and share the link with me?

Thanks,
    Nico

Steffen
    Participant

Hi Nico!

Thank you for your patience!

Not sure about that difference about if it points and redirects. I activaded the Twenty Thirteen and deactivated all plugins except the event calendar (a facebook plugin shows on the front page thoug), so that you can see how it behaves.
    The calendar is found here. All events are recurring every week, except those you see do not (look in aug/sept/oct).

Had an earlier version of the free event calendar, but updated it while I installed the Pro version. Did that answer to your question?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Steffen.
    Nico

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for the follow-up and thank you for your patience on this, now I get you!

Strange thing, it works if I add the date at the end of the URL http://ptb.no/beta/event/fredagskirke-kick-off-2/2015-08-21/, but this should not be necessary for non-recurring events. I’m a bit puzzled, I’ll share this with the team and see if they have some clue why this is happening to the site.

Thanks again!
    Have a great weekend,
    Nico

Steffen
    Participant

Resolved it!

The theme (Adore Church Theme) had an built in event calendar, which also was set to yourdomain.com/event and therefore made complications. Edited the URL for (your) the event calendar, and case is finally resolved!

Anyway, thank you so much for been kind though!

Nico

Hey Steffen,

Really glad to hear this is fixed πŸ™‚

Thanks for the heads up on the Adore Church Theme ‘URL conflict’, I’ve seen a couple of customers using this theme lately so this info is much appreciated.

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if we can assist with anything else please don’t hesitate to create new threads and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘404 error on single event’ is closed to new replies.