404 Error for Single Event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 404 Error for Single Event

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Brook
    Participant

Howdy again,

I just wanted to check back. Are you still having issues? If so, have you had a chance to grab a copy of your functions.php file, so you can share it here? We might be able to help you figure out what error your facing, but will need a copy of that file for diagnosing. That’s why I requested it in my last comment. It would also likely help us to know the error is that you’re seeing, since a white screen can be caused by almost anything. Can you check your error logs?

Cheers!
    – Brook

Greg
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

This reply is private.

Greg
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

Thank you for sharing that Greg.

Since that is the working file I was unable to replicate your issue. I did try inserting the code into that file and it worked marvelously.

Can you check your error logs to see what error you are getting when the white screen appears? That should help shed some light since the file was a bust.

Hopefully we can get this solved in short order. Sorry it has been such a pain. Very strange that you’re seeing an error.

• Brook
    Greg
    Participant

Hi Brook,

I traced the source of the ‘white screen’ to the function name ‘tribe_set_default_date’. If I rename it to ‘tribe_set_default_date_2’, everything then works as advertised. I assume it’s because this function name is already defined somewhere in your plugin?

I don’t want to confuse the issue but we are having the same problem. If there is any information that we can contribute that would be helpful I’d like to join this conversation.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Win-River!

By same problem do you mean you’re seeing a 404 on the events page that goes away when you remove this snippet?

function tribe_set_default_date () {
    if ( !is_single() && empty( $_REQUEST[‘tribe-bar-date’] ) ) {
    $_REQUEST[‘tribe-bar-date’] = ‘2016-07-01’;
    }
    }
    add_action( ‘parse_query’, ‘tribe_set_default_date’ );

If so, have you tried the new snippet?

https://gist.github.com/elimn/d034dfddb9be206d9cc1

Or if that’s not quite your problem, mind opening a new topic and describing the issue in detail? We would love to help!

Cheers!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Thank you for getting back Greg. I am happy to know you found the issue. Very strange that you have two of those functions somehow. When I do a folder search for all of our plugins that name doesn’t show up, even doing search through all of our branches in git. That shouldn’t be a duplicate function, unless the old snippet is still in there somewhere, perhaps with the action commented out but the unused function still remaining?

Regardless it’s great that you got it working. Let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers!

– Brook

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Win-River,

Thanks for sharing the detailed video!

Have you seen this guide yet Troubleshooting 404 Page Not Found error? What was the result of following all of the steps inside of it? Greg’s issue is 100% related to that snippet I shared in my last comment, removing the snippet causes it to go away. Were you using that snippet prior to visiting this thread? If not, would you mind opening a new topic and letting us know what you have tried in the 404 guide, and what the results are? That way we can keep this discussion focused on the snippet, and yours focused on your unique 404 error.

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Error for Single Event’ is closed to new replies.